Oh the weather outside is...

jencoleslaw

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

automatics aren't that bad in the snow... you can still downshift (although most drivers don't realize this). when i had an automatic, i would almost always drive with it in one of the lower gears when roads were snowy and icy. i got a little more power to get going without flooring it, and i slowed down without using the brake. of course, my car (89 camry wagon) drove like it had a stick even though it didn't.
Edited by Liamlunchtray

i actually finished my last bread and milk yesterday, which is why i needed more last night. i wish i had waited until like 9 or 10 to go because the place was mobbed at 5.

with every automatic i had, i was able to start from a stop in 2nd or 3rd or even 1st. never had to have it in drive unless i was going more than like 30.

You can down shift, but you can't start out in 2nd or 3rd, which is fantastic for when you are trying to start rolling from a stop (especially on a hill) in slippery weather. I think this is why everyone nowadays thinks they need all wheel drive. What they really need is a front wheel drive econobox with a stick.

I just cleared my sidewalk. I have a corner lot.

I went beyond the edge of my property by about one square on each side.

When I was done with the second side, the owner of that house yelled at me from the window because I didn't do his whole sidewalk.

He is a guy in his late 20's with no physical handicap.

He called me lazy when I told him that it wasn't my responsibility and he might want to do it himself.

Alanis Morissette would be proud.

Edited by brick

I couldn't run to the gym last night because my little cut-through street was under 2 feet of water, with two morons stranded in it trapped in their cars.

This morning I skated to the gym. Atleast in Providence and the Bucket some people attempt to clear their sidewalks. Warwick and Cranston people don't even know the sidewalks exist, therefore they are all sheets of ice as usual. I ran in the middle of the street when I could.