Ruskin Heights

CellarDoor135

Even though Ruskin Heights never came to fruition even the talk of something possibly happening with the same land has once again gotten people worked up. I never quite got the big uproar over the original plans other than the typical NIMBYism. It's just so odd to hear so many people talk about how they don't want sprawl. Yet keep fighting against these developments that would actually work on filling in some areas of the city.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see I'm not the only one having posting troubles. LOL

Now that this has to be rezoned the resistance from the neighbors is sure to start up again. I hope they have a good plan that can satisfy them- the idea of having single family homes only bordering the neighbors is a good start.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having posting troubles. LOL

Now that this has to be rezoned the resistance from the neighbors is sure to start up again. I hope they have a good plan that can satisfy them- the idea of having single family homes only bordering the neighbors is a good start.

i'm really sorry about that. Every time I posted on my iPad it blew up. But apparently it was posting anyway. Did not appear to be! My understanding is that the other new development that is located right behind the new Kum and Go on College is also replatting. Their intention is to have smaller, more affordable lots.

Mark

i'm really sorry about that. Every time I posted on my iPad it blew up. But apparently it was posting anyway. Did not appear to be! My understanding is that the other new development that is located right behind the new Kum and Go on College is also replatting. Their intention is to have smaller, more affordable lots.

Mark

Mark- that was a very interesting and timely opinion piece in the latest Northwest Arkansas Business Journal. The points that quality and location are essential in deciding where to invest should get some people's attention.

I sent you a message- any information you can give me is appreciated.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I guess this project is about to finally get started.  It is now called Mission Heights.  Looks like a mix of residential styles and types with an area of commercial space along Mission  Blvd.  This is a great area of town for an interesting project but I don't know how they will pull those price per square footage on these homes.  Looking at the website the homes on there are ranging from $170-$190 per square foot.  That seems pretty high but that is a great location.  

Here is a link to the website: http://missionhts.com/

• 6 months later...

Archived