Need help from Baton Rouge residents

dingo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The closest movie theatre from the LSU is at CitiPlace off I-10 near College Drive. It's a couple miles away. The only one at LSU at the Northgates closed years ago. There is also a brand new Rave Theatre on the other side of the Mall of La. You could use the brand new Picardy Interchange on the other side of Bluebonnet Blvd. BR is an Interstate town when it comes to movies.

The Chimes next to the Varsity at the Northgates on Highland Rd?? Is a popular 20's hang-out. Downtown has plenty of restaurants. I guess it depends on the food you prefer; there is no shortage of good restaurants in BR being New Orleans little brother. :good:

The closest movie theatre from the LSU is at CitiPlace off I-10 near College Drive. It's a couple miles away. The only one at LSU at the Northgates closed years ago. There is also a brand new Rave Theatre on the other side of the Mall of La. You could use the brand new Picardy Interchange on the other side of Bluebonnet Blvd. BR is an Interstate town when it comes to movies.

The Chimes next to the Varsity at the Northgates on Highland Rd?? Is a popular 20's hang-out. Downtown has plenty of restaurants. I guess it depends on the food you prefer; there is no shortage of good restaurants in BR being New Orleans little brother. :good:

The Chimes near LSU would be a great spot to hang out. You can see their menu and get directions @ http://www.thechimes.com/ As far as movie Theatres, you have plenty of options. Citiplace is where I like to go. Another good option for dinner would be to go to Champps. It is on Corporate in the Town Center. You also have in that area, Bone Fish Grill, PF Changs, Flemings and Carrabba's. Town Center's website is http://www.townecenteratcedarlodge.com/

If you want good Louisiana Seafood you can take your date to Mike Andersons, Parrian's or Boutin's. All 3 are good.

Ruffino's is nice but I'd go with Gino's. Very classy restaurant and excellent service not to mention a decent wine selection. It's tucked away off college ave. b/t I-1O and Perkins. Not to say Ruffino's isn't classy as well, but Gino's is more date-friendly, less crowded, and has a more traditional feel

I still say the rooftop tsunami will go a long way later ;-)...buy her a martini and give her the seat with the best view of the bridge. This is pretty good if this is your first date.

Since you are taking your date to a movie then you would probably prefer a local Italian or Cajun restarant. Ruffino's and Boutins are both great choices. Some girls appreciate restarants like Sammys, Superior Grill, Georges, or Chelsea's. Middle class conservative girls tend to like the new Corporate Blvd/The Reserve area (nice, new, and sort of trendy).

the benefit to going to Chealsea's and Superior is that the live entertainment will keep you busy if she turns out to be really quiet.

After eating.....First dates and movies don't always mix; if yall like talking ? Barnes & Noble @CitiPlace is a nice place to hang-out and walk around. Downtown has become a new cool place hang-out and walk around too. Between Third Street around the Shaw Center/Hilton Capitol Center and back down by the levee around the RiverCenter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived