Greenville gets female-oriented FM talk station

perrykat

At 6am this morning, 106.3 WGVC-FM launched Greenstone Media's satellite-delivered female talk station. Definately an interesting move given the area...I don't think they have but 4 or 5 affiliates, the ones they have are on AM in large cities. Don't see it working out well in a conservative area like Greenville (it's liberal-oriented) but definately a first. Any thoughts??

http://www.1063wgvc.com

And what is this, the third format for this station in a year? lol

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

I sumbled on to this channel one day, the lady was saying that South Carolina's election results could not be trusted because SC uses the Deibold Electronic Election machine and since the Diebold family is partisan then the machines results are suspect at best.

It's good to have Dr. Joy Brown back... I remember her from 98.1 WPEK, when it was FM talk. She always gave such grounded, sensible advice.

I googled Lisa Birnbach and found an article about Greenstone:

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2006/...fferent_voices/

(Is this the same Lisa Birnbach who put out "The Official Preppy Handbook" back in the '80s? Oh, my, how liberal. :rolleyes: I stumbled across her show on Sunday morning... listened for about 1/2 hour and enjoyed it. :) ) I'll take Birnbach over shrill harpies like Kate O'Beirne and Ann Coulter any day. It'll be nice, IMO, to have something to balance out WORD.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived