Major international airport-Macon/Warner Robins Metro Area

yerocal

I think that Macon's Middle Georgia Regional Airport should be moved up to International status to help support the overflow of passangers having to travel to Atlanta Hartfield/Jackson int Airport. The only cities in georgia with a major Airport is Atl and Savannah. Since ga is seeing so much growth in population I think georgia is over due for another major airport and Middle Georgia Regional Airport would be a great place to start due to it location between Macon to the north and Warner robins to the south and convient to interstate 75, 475 & 16. In addition since so many business and company are locating to Macon/ Warner Robins they should not have to drive to atlanta to fly and if you live in Central, South or West Ga it more than a hour to Atlanta and it would so much more convient to drive to Macon, with out the traffic and chao and a shortier drive to macon instead of having to deal with horriffic & chaotic Hartfield in Atl.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of all the major 2nd teir cities, Macon is the closest to Atlanta. So you are saying Macon need an international airport more than Columbus and Augusta? You are saying that Macon needs an international airport because its a hour away from Atlanta?

<_<

It would make more sense for a Mjor international airport to e in Macon becuse Macon is a shorter less stressful drive for almost everyone in Georgia even som south Atlanta suburbs. It would also relieve overcrowdedness at Atl airport. We need someone to invest private dollars in this badly. It would be one more step toward making Macon a major Metro area in the south.

I think that Macon's Middle Georgia Regional Airport should be moved up to International status to help support the overflow of passangers having to travel to Atlanta Hartfield/Jackson int Airport. The only cities in georgia with a major Airport is Atl and Savannah. Since ga is seeing so much growth in population I think georgia is over due for another major airport and Middle Georgia Regional Airport would be a great place to start due to it location between Macon to the north and Warner robins to the south and convient to interstate 75, 475 & 16. In addition since so many business and company are locating to Macon/ Warner Robins they should not have to drive to atlanta to fly and if you live in Central, South or West Ga it more than a hour to Atlanta and it would so much more convient to drive to Macon, with out the traffic and chao and a shortier drive to macon instead of having to deal with horriffic & chaotic Hartfield in Atl.

• 2 weeks later...

Today they announce that the city of Macon has completed a deal with airline called southern airlines which will have flight going in and out of macon to cities like Boston, Baltimore and Orlando. That great news for macon and they that with this airline hopefully more will come to to help develop the airport into maybe the next major airport outside atlanta.

Today they announce that the city of Macon has completed a deal with airline called southern airlines which will have flight going in and out of macon to cities like Boston, Baltimore and Orlando. That great news for macon and they that with this airline hopefully more will come to to help develop the airport into maybe the next major airport outside atlanta.

• 1 month later...

I don't think Macon will ever have a major airport (and for the most part it doesn't need one)...it's too close to Atlanta. That's just the price you pay for being within 100 miles of one the 10 largest cities in the US...and the busiest airport in the world. Besides, the Groome shuttle gets you to the Atlanta Airport in 1 hour or less...and for much cheaper than a 15-30 minute flight to Atlanta.

On the other hand, Savannah and Augusta deserve international airports because they are more or less isolated cities. Imagine having to drive to Atlanta from Savannah to catch a flight...yuck.

I don't think Macon will ever have a major airport (and for the most part it doesn't need one)...it's too close to Atlanta. That's just the price you pay for being within 100 miles of one the 10 largest cities in the US...and the busiest airport in the world. Besides, the Groome shuttle gets you to the Atlanta Airport in 1 hour or less...and for much cheaper than a 15-30 minute flight to Atlanta.

On the other hand, Savannah and Augusta deserve international airports because they are more or less isolated cities. Imagine having to drive to Atlanta from Savannah to catch a flight...yuck.

• 4 months later...

Archived