Closed and closing Downtown Businesses

djensen330

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a sign on Tower records stating Going out of business

Joe's Crabshack on wagner also closed along with The Pizza place on Beale street and Celebrities.

I think I saw the Holiday ham place gone from Main street also

Krispy Kreme came and went from Main and Peabody pl

Joe's Crabshack on wagner also closed along with The Pizza place on Beale street and Celebrities.

Does anyone remember exactly how long the Lego store survived at Peabody Place?

I remember hearing about its grand opening, and went down only a few weeks later to find not a trace of it remaining.

BTW, whatever happened to Quiznos on Main? I used to go there all of the time, but one day it was just gone. The location was excellent, and I haven't been back to Memphis lately to see what was put in its place.

I never heard any official reason as to why the Krispy Kreme closed, but I would assume it was a combination of the troubles of the company as a whole combined with the fact that it wasn't a traditional store. They had their doughnuts brought from another location (the Elvis Presley one IIRC) and I know whenever I went in, it wasn't busy. People probably just went to other locations to get the doughnuts when they were hot.

If you want to discuss closed/closing downtown businesses, how about Peabody Place as a whole? Few of the stores in there seem to be doing all that well, which is a shame. It seemed to be doing so well when it first opened, too.

I never heard any official reason as to why the Krispy Kreme closed, but I would assume it was a combination of the troubles of the company as a whole combined with the fact that it wasn't a traditional store. They had their doughnuts brought from another location (the Elvis Presley one IIRC) and I know whenever I went in, it wasn't busy. People probably just went to other locations to get the doughnuts when they were hot.

If you want to discuss closed/closing downtown businesses, how about Peabody Place as a whole? Few of the stores in there seem to be doing all that well, which is a shame. It seemed to be doing so well when it first opened, too.

Dunkin Donuts is THE KING of coffee in New England, there is no way another shop could expect to beat it. I live in a town of 37,000 and we have SEVEN Dunkin Donuts within 29 sq. miles. That is one for every 5300 residents in town, not to mention the DD shops in every single town surrounding here, and they all do very well for themselves. It's amazing because the staff at all DD's is unbelieveably rude. It seems as if that is a requirement to work there.

Dunkin Donuts is THE KING of coffee in New England, there is no way another shop could expect to beat it. I live in a town of 37,000 and we have SEVEN Dunkin Donuts within 29 sq. miles. That is one for every 5300 residents in town, not to mention the DD shops in every single town surrounding here, and they all do very well for themselves. It's amazing because the staff at all DD's is unbelieveably rude. It seems as if that is a requirement to work there.

I remember hearing about its grand opening, and went down only a few weeks later to find not a trace of it remaining.

BTW, whatever happened to Quiznos on Main? I used to go there all of the time, but one day it was just gone. The location was excellent, and I haven't been back to Memphis lately to see what was put in its place.

When I lived in Memphis, the Quiznos I frequented by the Comfort Inn closed without explanation, and remained closed for some time without any signs of reopening. It was still closed when I left, I guess things changed. :)

The Lego store was only temporary for the holidays and the Quizno's has reopened. I assume ownership changed hands, but it underwent a slight renovation and is open for business again.

Archived