Ivory Billed Woodpecker

arkansas_buff

Two things I wanted to make mention of...

1. I think it's great that AR is trying to capitalize on the Ivory Billed Woodpecker sighting. To some extent, it's working. My kids watch a show every morning on Disney called "Little Einsteins." Just a few months back, the kids on the show took a trip to the Ozark Mountains to help the "Ivory Billed Woodpecker" find his friend. (I know, I know. The bird wasn't actually sighted in the Ozarks, but that's where the cartoon had him).

2. We may not be the only place you can find this rare bird. Another sighting is now being reported in FL. See the KTHV story here.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things I wanted to make mention of...

1. I think it's great that AR is trying to capitalize on the Ivory Billed Woodpecker sighting. To some extent, it's working. My kids watch a show every morning on Disney called "Little Einsteins." Just a few months back, the kids on the show took a trip to the Ozark Mountains to help the "Ivory Billed Woodpecker" find his friend. (I know, I know. The bird wasn't actually sighted in the Ozarks, but that's where the cartoon had him).

2. We may not be the only place you can find this rare bird. Another sighting is now being reported in FL. See the KTHV story here.

Yeah I heard about a possible sightin gin Florida. Of course there are people who still don't believe either sightings. Overall I think we're just going to have to wait till more concrete proof comes out. But it's certainly nice to think we actually do have a species once thought extinct.

Archived