COMPLETE: Masonic Temple Hotel

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News from the zoning board meeting tonight regarding signage:

- On the top of the North and South facades will be small, classy red ovals with a stylized white "R" in the middle of them. This logo will also be at street level at the corner of Fracis and Avenue of the Arts (AOA).

- There will be a glass entrance to the hotel with 13 inch red letters saying "Renaissance" lining the front top of the glass canopy.

- The restaurant in the hotel will be at the corner of Francis and the AOA as well and will be called "Temple." It will be unique to Providence and to the Renaissance chains. Its logo will be a large, classic style "T" with the name "Temple," if I heard correctly, on an oval sign below.

- They are on target for a December '06 opening!

- Garris

I'm assuming that you mean this R?

br_logo_186x94.gif

Thanks for the info,

Dan

• 1 month later...

Are the rooms really this small?

From the site: http://www.renaissanceprovidencehotel.com

Edit: The pic came out huge, but look at pic 10 on the site.

I assume that picture is taken from about halfway in the room.

If we assume the window is four feet wide that makes the room about 12 feet wide which is pretty standard, I think.

I'm going to reserve judgment until we see photos of the whole rooms...

]

I've been in the rooms - they are very long and narrow, but quite a bit bigger than most modern hotels in terms of total area and the big windows make them seem very gracious (not to mention the jaw-dropping views of the Statehouse) It really feels like this is going to be an incredibly popular (and expensive!) hotel.

I'm not positive, but I think they're planning on cleaning up the exterior of the VMA. Also, I think the developers want to buy the lot where that house sits, but for some reason have not been able to.

A word of advice for once the hotel opens (which I'm sure will be on time, they're working 24/7, literally) - use valet if you're bringing a car, and call ahead of time when you want to be picked up - the valet people are gonna have to run over to the mall garage and wait in line to get the car out...

Finally, I heard a little about the restaurant, it's going to be called Tempo I think, it's not a chain. They're doing the interior work, supposedly there is a big stone wall with the Mason's symbol on it.

Looking forward to this place being full of people for the first time in 75 years....

A word of advice for once the hotel opens (which I'm sure will be on time, they're working 24/7, literally) - use valet if you're bringing a car, and call ahead of time when you want to be picked up - the valet people are gonna have to run over to the mall garage and wait in line to get the car out...

Archived