Pinnacle Falls of Branson

pinnacelfalls.jpg

A longtime Branson developer announced today he will build a $600 million "destination attraction" with an aquarium, a 300-room hotel featuring an indoor water park and high tech special-effects entertainment.

Pinnacle Falls of Branson is expected to open in 2008 on 300 acres just west of Celebration City.

The property has been in David Cushman's family for 60 years. The Cushman family built Mutton Hollow, a theme park on the site of what is now Celebration City.

The consultant on the project is Mel Bilbo, a former CEO with Silver Dollar City.

The theme is a European mountain city with manmade waterways, themed restaurants and shops.

The hotel will create a year-around attraction, Cushman said. The park is expected to draw an estimated 400,000 new visitors to the area, providing new customers for other Branson attractions as well, Cushman said.

pinnacle.jpgpinasksk.jpg

The city of Branson also will be asked to approve a tax-increment financing district in order to defray costs of building the aquarium, Bilbo said.

Bilbo said the project also will need to obtain financing once all the needed city approvals are in place.

Bilbo said capital-raising service First Albany is part of the development team.

Urban Retail is on board to handle tenant acquisition, and PGAV Inc. of St. Louis is handling architectural plans.

pinnalcefalls.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shok::shok::shok::shok:

I can't believe it. This is amazing, and has to be one of the largest developments for the Midwest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope they can pull of the European look, I don't want it to have a cheesy feel.

I think just might have stole the spotlight from the Branson Landing. Ya think!

It took me a while to catch my breathe after seeing that post, Slyder! I almost died and it would've been your fault!!! J/K :D

My greatest passion is pretty much anything to do with medieval Europe and I must say this is the most exciting development I've ever heard of. The medieval looking village looks awesome, but did you happen to notice at the far end of the village is what appears to be a European castle? It's there and I should know from studying many medieval woodcuts of villages and castles, in fact the artist's rendering looks to even have come from one of those old woodcuts.

pinnacelfalls.jpg

It took me a while to catch my breathe after seeing that post, Slyder! I almost died and it would've been your fault!!! J/K :D

My greatest passion is pretty much anything to do with medieval Europe and I must say this is the most exciting development I've ever heard of. The medieval looking village looks awesome, but did you happen to notice at the far end of the village is what appears to be a European castle? It's there and I should know from studying many medieval woodcuts of villages and castles, in fact the artist's rendering looks to even have come from one of those old woodcuts.

pinnacelfalls.jpg

I am in eastern europe right now and I just gotta say, fork out the money and travel to Europe.

I am in eastern europe right now and I just gotta say, fork out the money and travel to Europe.

My dream vacation is to visit Northern England, primarily Yorkshire and up into Cumbria. This development looks like it could be similar to "The Shambles" in York, although I realize nothing could really compare to the real thing, even if I've never actually been there. I would also like to visit Carlisle Castle and the remains of Pendragon Castle near the town of Durham. Anyway, Pinnacle Falls may be the closest I get to the real thing.

pinnacelfalls.jpg

Opps.................Warning, Warning, Warning!!!!! If you have high blood pressure, have had heart palpitations, or become nervous easily you must exit this thread immediatley!!!!!!!!!

J/K

That Castle in the Backgroung of the photo is the 300 room hotel and indoor waterpark. I hope they can pull this off. I know that Mutton Hollow, a theme park this guy built where Celebration City now sits, was very cool. It was an Ireland themed Park and I loved it to say the least. I have no doubts that Pinnacle Falls will be architechturally genius, look at the firm that is designing this, PGAV Inc. out of St. Louis

Opps.................Warning, Warning, Warning!!!!! If you have high blood pressure, have had heart palpitations, or become nervous easily you must exit this thread immediatley!!!!!!!!!

J/K

That Castle in the Backgroung of the photo is the 300 room hotel and indoor waterpark. I hope they can pull this off. I know that Mutton Hollow, a theme park this guy built where Celebration City now sits, was very cool. It was an Ireland themed Park and I loved it to say the least. I have no doubts that Pinnacle Falls will be architechturally genius, look at the firm that is designing this, PGAV Inc. out of St. Louis

It has to be the biggest attraction outside of Europe that I've ever seen... or so it is for anyone who is a Medieval or Renaissance lover like I am. I could see them having a HUGE Renaissance Festival in Branson Falls. Looking at the pictures again I could even imagine a jousting arena.

It has to be the biggest attraction outside of Europe that I've ever seen... or so it is for anyone who is a Medieval or Renaissance lover like I am. I could see them having a HUGE Renaissance Festival in Branson Falls. Looking at the pictures again I could even imagine a jousting arena.

I could see some sort of festival coming to Branson with this being built. I don't know about a jousting arena but I definately think something will become of it. I have visited the festival in KC and MAN WAS IT HUGE!!!!! There was so much to do I can hardly remember what we did. Nonetheless, it was a big treat for me and my family.

• 2 weeks later...

The Branson Board of Alderman is deciding on a TIF district inside the Pinnacle Falls attraction to help pay off the millions in debt it will create. I really don't see them tableing the issue seeing how big attractions like this is what Branson is all about.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived