Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

1 hour ago, Arkanzin said:

I think the Restoration Hardware Outlet space was supposed to have been an H&M originally.    I agree that a Polo outlet would be a plus for the center. 

On 9/2/2015 at 4:24 PM, keithc1981 said:

If the original plans for the stores in the outlets still happen, there will be a couple more "Big" fish yet to come. 

Little Rock - Merchandising Plan - 10-2-14 (1).pdf

The master lease plan did show H&M, which could still materialize in a different configuration elsewhere. But for the time being, the performance of Conway's yet-unbuilt location may affect the decision to add one in Little Rock.

18 hours ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

The master lease plan did show H&M, which could still materialize in a different configuration elsewhere. But for the time being, the performance of Conway's yet-unbuilt location may affect the decision to add one in Little Rock.

I find it odd for H&M to open their first Arkansas location in Conway rather than Little Rock. Many retailers and restaurants usually open their new to the market locations in LR before opening secondary locations elsewhere in the state. With that being said, there's still plenty of space available for H&M to open a location at the outlet mall. I was at the mall recently and notice a vacant large space across from Levi's Outlet store. Here's hope that H&M may locate there.

Edited by ecity3138

On September 1, 2015 at 2:18 PM, LRretail said:

I can confirm that Joe's Crab Shack is a done deal.  Dave & Buster's applied for a building permit so that's a done deal.  Cheesecake Factory has secured their land.  All three are scheduled to be at Gateway Town Center for certain.

I wonder if these two restaurants still in the works for Gateway Town Center? It would be very sad to see plans been cancelled as these type of restaurants would truly make Gateway and LR the premier dining destination. As mentioned on another thread, Dave and Buster and Movie Tavern are the best announcements so far in that area. 

Edited by ecity3138

11 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

I find it odd for H&M to open their first Arkansas location in Conway rather than Little Rock. Many retailers and restaurants usually open their new to the market locations in LR before opening secondary locations elsewhere in the state. With that being said, there's still plenty of space available for H&M to open a location at the outlet mall. I was at the mall recently and notice a vacant large space across from Levi's Outlet store. Here's hope that H&M may locate there.

The location across from the Levis store would be a great place for a polo, h&m or even a restaurant due to its location in the corner of the mall. At least there are a few more spaces slowly filling up in the mall. That could hopefully lead bigger names to become interested.

On February 21, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Allen Alexander said:

The location across from the Levis store would be a great place for a polo, h&m or even a restaurant due to its location in the corner of the mall. At least there are a few more spaces slowly filling up in the mall. That could hopefully lead bigger names to become interested.

I hope so. They need a major retailer to attract more people.

On 2/21/2016 at 8:10 PM, Allen Alexander said:

I'd doubt it would be a restaurant, because there are a couple of spaces — one near Old Navy and The Children's Place, the other near Nike and Under Armour — that were originally set aside as restaurant sites for the development's expected second phase.

7 hours ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

I'd doubt it would be a restaurant, because there are a couple of spaces — one near Old Navy and The Children's Place, the other near Nike and Under Armour — that were originally set aside as restaurant sites for the development's expected second phase.

What second phase? I haven't heard about this before.

8 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

I think the second phase is to be restaurants at the corners of the front of the complex.  The blueprint shows restaurants out front marked "Phase 2".  

It's kind of small to squeeze a full service restaurant in those corners at the front of the mall.

Edited by ecity3138

Specifically, Converse (E119) will be between Corky's Footwear and Restoration Hardware. The combined 5,850 SF Corky's-Converse space was initially pitched as a Hollister Co., which fell through alongside a play for Hollister's parent Abercrombie & Fitch to share a building with J. Crew (where Loft is now, in W111). Converse had first been proposed for W104, a 3,500 SF space that now will be filled by The Limited (which has previously shared a parent with Express, its future neighbor in W103).  Meanwhile, Starbucks will go in a slot (M138) carved out of the proposed Coach space (M139), next door to Gap (M171) and opposite the food court.

Outside the outlets, Chick-Fil-A is headed for #2 Bass Pro Drive, which would be across the street from Bass Pro Shops itself.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler
correcting detail

1 hour ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

Specifically, Converse (E119) will be between Corky's Footwear and Restoration Hardware. The combined 5,850 SF Corky's-Converse space was initially pitched as a Hollister Co., which fell through alongside a play for Hollister's parent Abercrombie & Fitch to share a building with J. Crew (where Loft is now, in W111). Converse had first been proposed for W104, a 3,500 SF space that now will be filled by The Limited (which has previously shared a parent with Express, its future neighbor in W103).  Meanwhile, Starbucks will go in a slot (M138) carved out of the proposed Coach space (M139), next door to Gap (M171) and opposite the food court.

Outside the outlets, Chick-Fil-A is headed for #2 Bass Pro Drive, which would be across the street from Bass Pro Shops itself.

Great work on the details. I know these aren't fancy names but this is Converse's first entry back into the market and Starbucks and Chick-fil-a always bring traffic. All good additions IMO.

17 hours ago, Smith said:

Great work on the details. I know these aren't fancy names but this is Converse's first entry back into the market and Starbucks and Chick-fil-a always bring traffic. All good additions IMO.

If Lindt's traffic is any indicator, Starbucks should do well at the Outlets.  Among the current crop of tenants, the best indicator I see for how Starbucks should perform is Lindt.  And business there from what I've seen has been brisk, though in fairness my first visit was on Valentine's Eve — which almost had to be a busy day for a chocolate shop.

• 4 weeks later...

Drove past the complex over the weekend, notice most of the outside shell of Dave and Buster's is now up and in place including the paint scheme and glass. I came across this on the Gateway Town Center site, not sure if anyone has seen it. It does show what spots are still open and the lot size as well as the location of the Movie Tavern on the backside of the complex. Still plenty of room for growth for sure, hopefully they can land a few more high end restaurants and stores. 

http://www.gatewaytowncenter.net/images/Gateway%20Towne%20Center%20-%201.27.16.pdf

-R

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

Drove past the complex over the weekend, notice most of the outside shell of Dave and Buster's is now up and in place including the paint scheme and glass. I came across this on the Gateway Town Center site, not sure if anyone has seen it. It does show what spots are still open and the lot size as well as the location of the Movie Tavern on the backside of the complex. Still plenty of room for growth for sure, hopefully they can land a few more high end restaurants and stores. 

http://www.gatewaytowncenter.net/images/Gateway%20Towne%20Center%20-%201.27.16.pdf

-R

I noticed the map shows that the land shaded in yellow directly behind Outlets of Little Rock has been sold. I wonder who bought it? More new to the market restaurants hopefully.

Also, I noticed they put a Dave and Buster sign at the back of the building. I'm thinking it will open earlier than June 13 based on the construction activity.

Edited by ecity3138

hopefully some new places but knowing how this market is it will most likely be a new hair salon and two new nail salons and then some pop up gym :( every new development around here seems to end up with those, swear they are like Starbucks was a few years back, one popping up on every corner, like you really need that many. 

-R

-R

3 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

hopefully some new places but knowing how this market is it will most likely be a new hair salon and two new nail salons and then some pop up gym :( every new development around here seems to end up with those, swear they are like Starbucks was a few years back, one popping up on every corner, like you really need that many.

Don't forget an AT&T or Verizon Store. Oh and throw in a mattress store just in case. ;)

14 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

A Starbucks is in the plans for the corner between Cavendars and Dave & Buster's, if I recall correctly.  

Yeah originally that was planned but they've recently announced Starbucks for a location in the outlets directly across from the food court so I would that the planned one beside Cavendars is nixed.