Sterling Traditions

Florida

Sterling Traditions

Tallahassee, FL

NewPicture1.jpg

Being built on Hayden Road (my street) rising directly behind FSU's Doak Campbell Stadium, Sterling Traditions Condominiums will be the premier destination for Professionals, Alum, and Students alike who all enjoy the traditions of the Florida State Seminoles and a view of Tallahassee's Changing Skyline.

UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Tallahassee is first to report this new development!

-TJ

Please Post any information you hear about this project and any comments / questions. I'll do all I can to keep everyone updated on this as it begins to take shape.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the developer's website:

Sterling Companies

They are Plano TX based. From the quick look I took of their website, it doesn't look like they've developed much and all of it seems to be in metro DFW.

In the rendering, see all those pink bushes? Just what do you suppose those are gonna be?????? :angry:

Looks like Crepe Myrtles :rofl:

Looks like Crepe Myrtles :rofl:

The fence in front kind of creeps me out. Are they keeping the rifraff out or are they keeping the inmates in? In a midrise like this, some retail space; a coffee kiosk/newstand/bodega on the ground floor would be a nice addition especially if it served the entire neighborhood.

The fence in front kind of creeps me out. Are they keeping the rifraff out or are they keeping the inmates in? In a midrise like this, some retail space; a coffee kiosk/newstand/bodega on the ground floor would be a nice addition especially if it served the entire neighborhood.

My guess is that this condo will almost exclusivley service the weekend tailgaters for football season - maybe a place to rendezvous with a concubine in the off-season - but the common folk are not welcome.

I would say it's rare for a building to look as good as its rendering. It's so easy to embellish details in an art piece. Besides, renderings are used to sell a product. The Tennyson stands out to me as a rare example of a final product that met or surpassed its rendering. The Gameday Center looks pretty good to me, though I would agree that the rendering looked better.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the renderings but I HATE the location. FSU needs to do a better job of buying up land around campus. I guess it's to late now though since most land owners will jack up there prices out of FSU's budgeted price range.

I agree with you that FSU needs to start buying land at a feverish pace but I don't believe that location has ever been on FSU's master plan. There is plenty of land that needs to be bought in the other direction.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sterling Traditions UPdate

4.15.07 (Tax Day)

There appears to be some behind the scenes progress on this project site. Originally I figured these to be priced in a range for which I could possibly afford one, but I've since learned the pricing on these Condominiums ranges from $521,160 for a bottom floor 1200 sq. ft. unit to $698,850 for a top-floor 1600 sq.ft. unit. There will be 56 units total. Of those 56, they are currently reporting that 25% or 14 Units have been reserved, with even the higer priced units on the top floor being spoken for. Developers seem to be marketing these units to wealthy FSU Alumni, and its hard to imagine how well this will work given the condition of Hayden Road, with this Condominium project being priced drastically above everything else on this street.

Here are some pictures of what's being proposed:

NewPicture1.jpg

This is the side that faces FSU, and Doak Campbell Stadium. The Balconies are 200 sq.ft. and up. All face eastward toward Downtown and the University.

NewPicture2.jpg

This is the Hayden Road side of the Building. Currently sitting on the site is an old, seemingly abandoned white house, with about 3 cars using this lot as a parking area. There's also a large oak tree in the middle of the site, which seems to be quite healthy.

NewPicture3.jpg

This is the eagle eye view of the building. I think this is telling of how different this facility will be from the surrounding structures. The hope is that the rest of the street will eventually follow suit, but its really hard to see that happening in the near future. To the right in this picture is the Burt Reynolds Apartment Complex with rents starting as low as $475 a month, to the left of this building is Seminole Traditions Condominiums, with its 498 sq.ft. units currently on the market selling for as low as $68,000.

NewPicture4.jpg

Here's an artist's rendering of the view from inside one of the units.

Sterling Traditions UPdate

4.15.07 (Tax Day)

There appears to be some behind the scenes progress on this project site. Originally I figured these to be priced in a range for which I could possibly afford one, but I've since learned the pricing on these Condominiums ranges from $521,160 for a bottom floor 1200 sq. ft. unit to $698,850 for a top-floor 1600 sq.ft. unit. There will be 56 units total. Of those 56, they are currently reporting that 25% or 14 Units have been reserved, with even the higer priced units on the top floor being spoken for. Developers seem to be marketing these units to wealthy FSU Alumni, and its hard to imagine how well this will work given the condition of Hayden Road, with this Condominium project being priced drastically above everything else on this street.

Here are some pictures of what's being proposed:

NewPicture1.jpg

This is the side that faces FSU, and Doak Campbell Stadium. The Balconies are 200 sq.ft. and up. All face eastward toward Downtown and the University.

NewPicture2.jpg

This is the Hayden Road side of the Building. Currently sitting on the site is an old, seemingly abandoned white house, with about 3 cars using this lot as a parking area. There's also a large oak tree in the middle of the site, which seems to be quite healthy.

NewPicture3.jpg

This is the eagle eye view of the building. I think this is telling of how different this facility will be from the surrounding structures. The hope is that the rest of the street will eventually follow suit, but its really hard to see that happening in the near future. To the right in this picture is the Burt Reynolds Apartment Complex with rents starting as low as $475 a month, to the left of this building is Seminole Traditions Condominiums, with its 498 sq.ft. units currently on the market selling for as low as $68,000.

NewPicture4.jpg

Here's an artist's rendering of the view from inside one of the units.

$434.30 per sq. foot for a second floor unit that won't even be able to see into the stadium, much less to downtown and the university.........crazy!

I lived in "Seminole Legends" (TJ, you identified it as Seminole Traditions so the name may have changed) while I was in school at FSU, and if I were a student living there when this project is finished, I would enjoy looking over at the "wealthy FSU alumni" from the balcony of my own $68,000 condo, smiling, and enjoying a nice cold, cheap beer.

I love the idea of new, innovative projects and developments, but these are the types of units and buyers that we need downtown filling up the condos there (and they would probably be much happier with the downtown amenities within walking distance). IMHO some nice (but affordable) student/grad-student/young professional lofts or condos with a shop or two to compliment the Mellow Mushroom and new Subway across the street on Pensacola would have been a much better fit for the area.

Archived