Miscellaneous Fayetteville Developments

Mith242

While I've mainly posted most info under the Fayetteville topic I thought I'd try to break things down a bit. I wanted to post some pics too so I thought I might go ahead and make a new topic in a fashion of something that Matt has done. It will take me a little bit to get all the pics resized and uploaded but I have some pics of the train station. I actually got to go inside and take pics and talk about the development with someone. I almost felt like I worked for one of the newspapers. :lol: I'll start posting things when I get a chance.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll start off with some exterior shots. If anyone hasn't been by recently you'll see the new roof in on the train station. The new roof was part of what has some people a bit upset at the developer for not trying to preserve more of the old train station. I can certainly see the argument, but at the same time I'm also just happy to see the structure being used again and not just sitting empty and falling into more disrepair. I hadn't realized this but this looks like one of Greg House's developments. The building behind the train station looks like it will be converted into an office for Houses Incorporated.

img3872ssns7.jpg

img3915ssfp5.jpg

img3914ssla5.jpg

img3873sset7.jpg

img3887ssye8.jpg

img3911ssxf9.jpg

img3884ssol1.jpg

img3885sssi2.jpg

Well I was outside taking pics and before too long someone came out towards me. I don't know what it is but I always seem to attract attention while I'm out taking pics. Not sure if people just aren't used to seeing someone taking the type of pics I take or if maybe it's because I look like one of the Mythbusters. :lol: Anyway I was expecting him to come out and say something like what do you think you're doing or something along those lines. But he actually invited me inside and we talked about the development and he let me take some pics too. Sounds like this should be open at the end of the month. It sounded like this guy had something to do with the fanchise. He also talked about putting in some Gloria Jeans coffee and Haagen Dazs up in Branson. He said the Haagen Dazs was really doing well and that location is one of the top performing stores for Haagen Dazs. He'll also be putting in a Haagen Dazs up in Rogers as well. I believe he said it would be at the Promenade. Anyway as you can see from the pics there's still a lot of stuff sitting about. I suppose the pics aren't anything great, but hey I was just surprised to get to go inside and take some pics. So here's some exclusive shots found only here on the NWA forum. :D

img3890ssam2.jpg

img3892ssnj0.jpg

img3893sssg4.jpg

img3894ssvm6.jpg

img3895sszn3.jpg

img3897ssvf2.jpg

img3898ssdt1.jpg

img3904ssjm0.jpg

img3909ssqx3.jpg

Was the Train Depot always a Southwest Mission design or is that new? Was it part of the Santa Fe Railroad... which I'm guessing just about every railroad was?

It was Mission style but I don't think it had anything to do with the Santa Fe. The Mission style was rather popular back in the 20's I believe. I know there are some houses built in this design too. Back in Pine Bluff there's quite a few mission style houses. One of Pine Bluff's economic booms was in the 20's and this seemed to be the 'in' style of architecture for that area instead of art deco.

Thanks for the pics Mith, I am shocked to see how much is done on this project. I new they were putting the shops in, but I thought it would be months before anything else started. What else are they going to do with the building and surrounding land? Condos? Restaurants?

Thanks for the pics Mith, I am shocked to see how much is done on this project. I new they were putting the shops in, but I thought it would be months before anything else started. What else are they going to do with the building and surrounding land? Condos? Restaurants?

Yeah I was surprised to find out as well they'd be opening up at the end of the month. They've turned a lot of the surounding land into paid parking. Not sure if that is permanent or not. That does remind me of some info I forgot to mention. In the other building there's talk of putting in some sort of sandwich wrap type cafe. I wasn't quite sure what he meant. He acted like they weren't plans initially but they had put one in at Branson and it was doing really well so they might try to put one in afterall. But he had more to do with the franchises than the developing itself. He didn't have a lot of info on the rest of it like it didn't really pertain to him. But I do believe the development closer to the Lafayette Bridge is owned by the same developer. I'm pretty sure they are planning on turning part of that development with the Ice House and the Rocks into some condos as well.

I wondered if this project was still happening, I'm glad to see it's under construction.

Yeah it looks like this developer has really moved into this area. I'm pretty sure Houses Incorporated is Greg House's company. If so he also has that land down by the post office just down the street. I also noticed a Houses Incorporated sign on a small building that near the corner of Watson and West by the West Annex. That's almost across the street from from the parking lot and building that's behind the railroad station.

Yeah it looks like this developer has really moved into this area. I'm pretty sure Houses Incorporated is Greg House's company. If so he also has that land down by the post office just down the street. I also noticed a Houses Incorporated sign on a small building that near the corner of Watson and West by the West Annex. That's almost across the street from from the parking lot and building that's behind the railroad station.

Speaking of which I found a pic I took a little while back of this other building in the area I was talking about. This is basically just north of Tony C's and the Bourbon Boys and just south of the West Annex. Just a little ways down Watson is the Legacy Building.

img3730ssnh3.jpg

I was out around Joyce this morning taking pics. This is over in the CMN Business Park area. I think this will be Dixie Construction's new offices.

img3959ssfs8.jpg

merge21bsskx2.jpg

I also tried taking some pics of the future hotel over there too but the sun was at a bad angle and my shots didn't turn out too well. Oh well not much to see right now anyway, just some dirt.

I've got a question.

Does anyone know what's being built off 6th Street infront of the Hampton Inn?

I'm not sure to be honest with you. Guess I haven't been over there in a while. I thought I remember someone saying something about another Lindsey development in that general area, but that might not be the same site.

Hey Mith, did you hear about the new development called Shoppes at the Mill?

It's suppose to be a retail development in Johnson at the intersection of I-540 and Greathouse Springs Road. It should include dry cleaners, coffee shops, botiques, and restaurants. The First phase will have 15,000 square feet that should be completed by late January.

And....

There's the 6th Street Shoppes. This will be a 51,900 square foot shopping center in between Lowe's and Wal-Mart off 6th Street. Information on tenants will be available in late August.

Hey Mith, did you hear about the new development called Shoppes at the Mill?

It's suppose to be a retail development in Johnson at the intersection of I-540 and Greathouse Springs Road. It should include dry cleaners, coffee shops, botiques, and restaurants. The First phase will have 15,000 square feet that should be completed by late January.

And....

There's the 6th Street Shoppes. This will be a 51,900 square foot shopping center in between Lowe's and Wal-Mart off 6th Street. Information on tenants will be available in late August.

Actually no I haven't heard about either one of those. I wonder if they'll use a similar look for these other two. I always liked the look of the Shoppes at Pinnacle.

I think that it might be an AutoZone. There is one going out there in that area. Also a western Sizzlin, Popeyes, Papa Murphys, and other stuff soon.

No Autozone is right infront of the Wal-Mart. This building is a lot closer to the Interstate in front of the Hampton Inn.

No Autozone is right infront of the Wal-Mart. This building is a lot closer to the Interstate in front of the Hampton Inn.

To further clarify, it seems to be an extension of the WestGate shopping center there. It basically connects the west most part of that shopping center to 6th street, where as before the first building was a decent way from the road.

Archived