One Beale

qwertycc

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

You are very correct that it is unique and will stand out, but it almost seems like it doesn't blend in with the building. The building is very conservative and traditional, and then there is the prism which is very futuristic and modern. It looks like the prism was just slapped on to give a different look. I am sure when the building is either built or more renderings are produced that I will have a new respect for the building.

Nonetheless the building will definitely stand out and will be remembered

Gaushell: Congrats. I saw the article in today's paper about your company. So congratulations on the exposure and publicity. I certainly had no idea. And I think it is great that the company is based in Mmephis and does work nationally. It sort of make you proud that a Memphis company is thriving.

I was just wondering your feel for project upcoming in Memphis development. Granted you may have nondisclosures. But for the ones you don't, do you have a list of things we can expect or should keep an eye on? I figure that with your company's work so closely tied to developers and construction, you'd have a better feel than most for the things coming up in the community. Of course One Beale probably has the highest profile of any project in Memphis at this point since it does reshape the skyline. And I am sort of jealous of Nashville's Signature Tower. But congrats to them to have that vision and have a developer willing to go out there and make it happen. It shows the power of their economy. Is ST a done deal or are there still hurdles? Hopefully Memphis will have some of the same visionaries and we can take pride in some of our own development projects both now and upcoming. I just hope the Memphis government can be forward looking enough to do what is right for the development of the community rather than individual self interest. They need to foster growth in our economy and recruit investment into our community to build Memphis into a better place to live. It would be great to hear of new high rises and investment in downtown Memphis. We need synergies because anything that builds the community and attracts more intellect and talent only draws more in and needs new investment to feed the cycle.

Anyway, congrats and I hope the company continues to grow more successful in the Memphis area. And as it does as it surely will, I hope it can be a good embassador for Memphis and also attract the intellect and talent to the city it is based in.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived