Fantasy football time...whos your #1 selection

NcSc74

I am a football fanatic and have been playing fantasy football for 4 years now. I have only finished in the top three once in a money leauge. I always think I have a good draft but I get hit with flops and injuries. How have you guys fared and who would be your fist pick. My draft philosophy has been RB first but the last 2 years I have been burned. Yeah Deuce Mcallister hurt me last year...my first pick. Anyway I am leaning toward Tom Brady this year as my first pick since I am tweaking my draft philosophy.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great subject NcSc74. :thumbsup: I tried bringing FFL stuff today in our state forum, but it seemed to fall on Deaf ears.

Deuce's injury burned me too with the #1 pick last year.

Brady would be a great pick...WR-D.Branch needs to hurry-up and sign.

Depending on your draft order if Brady is gone by your pick ???

I would have Peyton Manning # 1 QB; Brady # 2 ahead of Carson Palmer that serious knee injury was no joke. Palmer might be #1 IMO, if not for the injury.

With your # 2 overall pick which RB do you take ? Or would you take a WR ?

I always grab a QB first because I feel you can obtain a good RB in the 3rd round the will be good enough. I pick this was Vick because I believe in the NFL now that a mobile QB is a must plus I think it's his year (it doesn't hurt that we are from the same city :P )

Great subject NcSc74. :thumbsup: I tried bringing FFL stuff today in our state forum, but it seemed to fall on Deaf ears.

Deuce's injury burned me too with the #1 pick last year.

Brady would be a great pick...WR-D.Branch needs to hurry-up and sign.

Depending on your draft order if Brady is gone by your pick ???

I would have Peyton Manning # 1 QB; Brady # 2 ahead of Carson Palmer that serious knee injury was no joke. Palmer might be #1 IMO, if not for the injury.

With your # 2 overall pick which RB do you take ? Or would you take a WR ?

I'm not sure what my second pick would be. I am looking at each teams schedule and that is how I am going about it this year. I am trying to stay away from the NFC east and south teams as far as production players. Both have tough schedules this year so I am leaning toward an AFC west and north heavy roster. As of right now I want LT as my second pick. I noticed last year I was lacking consistant production from my #2 reciever and tight end. Yeah my #2 was Joe Horn...he just happened to be injured and have the worst season of his career go figure. I am hoping to pick up Tory"big game" Holt this year. He always comes through. I really like Ronnie Brown so I am putting on my list also. He should garner most of the carries this year. I want to know is who is the sleeper out there...it could be Kellen Winslow what do you think

^ I am really enjoying this feedback on the forum, this will help for the FFL Draft.

Agreed jdkacz. It's hard to argue Manning. Only (healthy) Carson

Palmer can compare.

I'm liking Torry Holt myself, last year I was fortunate enough to get Harrison and Chad Johnson; but Holt is buzzin' for some reason.The Rams do have Isaac Bruce and lightning fast Kevin Curtis too.

Ronnie Brown should explode in his 2nd year;esp. with no Ricky Williams to share the load. The passing game with Culpepper to Chambers to open-up the run game for Brown.

As far as sleeper TE's, I'm not sure if you'd consider them sleepers? But Todd Heap(health?) with new QB McNair; and Jason Witten is a beast that only ranks behind Gates IMO. :thumbsup:

*Rookie Sleeper RB Joesph Addai-Colts...wait til Oct. or November

What do yall think about RB Cadillac Williams ?? Played at Auburn with Ronnie Brown...What a backfield !!

Kitna is not bad as long as he has enough time to go through his progressions. You see how he did in Cincy. I kinda feel for him though. He did a good job and then its back to being a backup. Can't argue the move though...its Carson Palmer show and he proved it. If things go the way I see it I think I will scoop him up in the late rounds. He will be a good #2 QB.

True Kitna should thrive with O-Coordinator Mike Martz wide-open passing game. I expect Roy Williams to really step-it-up; it's a make or break year for WR's Charles Rogers and Mike Williams.

I am liking David Carr as a possible #2 or definitely#3 to rebound with an improved O-Line and the addition of WR-Eric Moulds.

• 3 weeks later...

Well once again I gambled my way through this years draft. I think I am ok but I am not really happy with my team. Heres my picks...oh yeah I had the #6 pic

1. Rudi Johnson

2. Steve Smith

3. Donavan Mcnabb

4. Joey Galloway

5. Braylon Edwards

6. Dominic Rhodes

7. Steve Mcnair

8. Joe Horn

9. Joseph Adadii

10. Erron Kinney

11. Frank Gore-a real sleeper

12. LJ smith

13. Lawrence Tynes

14. Rian Lindell

Bucs defense

As you can see the Bud light was talking and I didn't realize how many NFC south WR I picked up. That was not my intentions at all. I wanted my WRs from the AFC. Oh well now I have to do some wheelin and dealin.....

• 2 weeks later...

Nice picks NcSc74. I got Frank Gore late as a "sleeper pick" too. Your pick of McNabb's went up in value with the Eagles acquistion of WR-Donte Stallworth. Braylon Edwards could be a break-out player if he stays healthy and the QB can get him the ball.

In my Fantasy Draft I took a risky pick with QB-Carson Palmer. So far so good in the pre-season. I got LT as my first RB. And Chad Johnson and Chris Chambers at WR.

GOOD LUCK this season.

Anyway I am leaning toward Tom Brady this year as my first pick since I am tweaking my draft philosophy.

I got Brady in round two after getting Tiki Barber in the first round. You can't lose with Brady.

<--- (notice the avatar)

I'm hoping Reggie Bush is worth the hype. I picked him based solely on the ESPN commercial.

"I won 'da Heisman, and I don't even get picked first in my own league?"

Archived