Photos | Other Places Worth Showing

insituphoto

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet shot from 275 of Tampa TJ! While its skyline is way smaller than Chi-town's it should remind you most of Chicago b/c Tpa Bay was built by midwesterners more than any other FL city. TPA Bay: the sweet, shy, but pretty sister in the FL family of cities. The rest of her FL family is:

Her older brother is the daring, glaring, ,multilingual, fast-moving, rowdy but glitzy, progressive and huge South FL.

Her younger brother is the loud, sometimes obnoxious "look at me and what I can do type" but very popular and fast growing Orlando.

Older Uncle that is waking up again is: Jax and he's slightly conservative.

Her very conservative cousins are Ft. Myers who is growing like wildfire too and loves old people and P'cola who is in the military and more Southern.

You have her two youthful, educated, southern (one more than the other) kinda hip and kinda not but still not reaching their full potential cousins: G'ville and Tally.

Oh yeah she's got a wild beer drinking motorcycle riding Aunt: Daytona

And finally a boring engineer uncle that is the Space Coast.

And as always, YMMV (your mileage may vary) and if so, how do you see it?

Sweet shot from 275 of Tampa TJ! While its skyline is way smaller than Chi-town's it should remind you most of Chicago b/c Tpa Bay was built by midwesterners more than any other FL city. TPA Bay: the sweet, shy, but pretty sister in the FL family of cities. The rest of her FL family is:

Her older brother is the daring, glaring, ,multilingual, fast-moving, rowdy but glitzy, progressive and huge South FL.

Her younger brother is the loud, sometimes obnoxious "look at me and what I can do type" but very popular and fast growing Orlando.

Older Uncle that is waking up again is: Jax and he's slightly conservative.

Her very conservative cousins are Ft. Myers who is growing like wildfire too and loves old people and P'cola who is in the military and more Southern.

You have her two youthful, educated, southern (one more than the other) kinda hip and kinda not but still not reaching their full potential cousins: G'ville and Tally.

Oh yeah she's got a wild beer drinking motorcycle riding Aunt: Daytona

And finally a boring engineer uncle that is the Space Coast.

And as always, YMMV (your mileage may vary) and if so, how do you see it?

haha the best summary of Florida I have ever seen :)

Finally we disagree Poonther! :yahoo:

Here's how I see it!

Pensacola and St. Augustine are the parents of all Florida Cities having existed as cities long before any others in Florida.

Tallahassee is, of course, their eldest child, born outside of wedlock becoming the 3rd oldest city in Florida.

St Augustine and Pensacola gave birth to 3 children, Jacksonville, Tampa, Gainesville. Tallahassee was the eldest of the four children, and was in charge of babysitting while the parents were off at work. Of Tallahassee's many tasks, she was charged with cleaning their rooms (after hurricanes), changing their diapers (dealing with their growth pains) and distributing their allowance (tax money).

Then one day St. Augustine became pregnant, but the baby wasn't Pensacola's, and the two parents divorced. The child was of some jiggalo from up north, Henry Flagger. From this affair South Florida and the Florida Keys were born. St. Augustine wanted the best for her babies, so she told Flagger to pay child support so she could give them more than she ever gave the others. Wanting to avoid court, Flagger agreed and his children propspered quickly.

Around the same time cousin Orlando moved into central Florida. He really admired his youngest cousin South Florida and wanted to be just like her.

(Dr. Seuss Part)

The family continued to grow as the elders aged and grew.

Travel around the state and you'll see this tale is true. ;)

Great summary TJ. There's really no wrong or right way, it's just how you see it. It's interesting to see cities as living entities w/personalities. That's usually how I see cities all the time in my mind w/out really trying to think about it. Yours was a more historical account of how the cities came into being and their current roles, I loved it.

AiT I see Tampa and St. Pete as both female, so they'd have to be lesbian lovers. But I also see them as being twins, so would that not make their relationship incestuous?

I kinda see St. Petersburg as male since its usually called St. Pete. I had an Aunt Pete but thats another story. I think of them as a quarreling couple. Linked forever but not always in agreement. Plus, St. Pete looks like one big sac of low hangers sitting next to a "receptive" Hillsborough County if you catch my drift.

Oh my!! :sick:

Doesn't Pensacola mean lesbian or something?

No, that would be Gulf Shores in Pinellas County...

Sac of low-hangers? lol! This is getting dirty! No pictures please.

St. Pete is St. Augustine's cousin. And... who names their daughter Pete? Did you really have an Aunt Pete? Is that short for her real name. Petricia?

I really had an Aunt Pete. Her real name was Ethel and still to this day I have no idea why we all called her Aunt Pete.

No, that would be Gulf Shores in Pinellas County...

I really had an Aunt Pete. Her real name was Ethel and still to this day I have no idea why we all called her Aunt Pete.

I think you mean Gulfport in Pinellas. Gulf Shores is in Alabama where's it illegal to be a lesbian or different in anyway.

Did Ethel own a lot of men's type clothing?

I think you mean Gulfport in Pinellas. Gulf Shores is in Alabama where's it illegal to be a lesbian or different in anyway.

Did Ethel own a lot of men's type clothing?

Oooops yeah, Gulfport...Port is a lot more lesbian sounding anyway (not to be generalizing or anything, but considering my background I sure can :P)

Ethel owned wonderful 70's pantsuits but they weren't manly in any manner. Ethel had sisters Opal, Grace, and Imogene. They were destined to be old ladies no matter what!

Archived