Arizona Photo of the day

MJLO

No food at Chimayo. I ate lunch that day in Downtown ABQ at Lindy's Diner, and dinner was a frozen burrito at the resort (MMMM!).

Full photo gallery list

If you're ever back there I'd recommend trying some food at Chimayo. They're known for their tamales there. Even that little place (the name escapes me at the moment) next to El Sanctuario has some pretty good tamales.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush: I can't take all the credit, my brother helps me out alot.

he's obsessed with the Chase tower. (It's almost like he hasn't seen a

taller building before) This is the light reflecting off of the Republic building

onto another building, with the Chase Tower in the background.

184149041_edc1266ec8.jpg

hey Dustin, for posting pics directly on the page, I suggest flickr, it took me a couple days to figure it out, but flickr sizes down photos for the internet. You have to kind feel around for the url. But once you find it, it's pretty easy to cut and paste it into the picture function in posting.

Superstion mountain is my favorite mountain around, namely because I like to climb to the top. I've become more interested in four peaks recently. Especially after my trip to Payson last weekend. Just how tall is Four Peaks, My brother says over 10k feet, but trust me, we have all learned along time ago to check his sources.

The tallest peak on Four Peaks is Browns peak at 7,657. It is also the only area in Maricopa County that recieves anual snowfall.

Sorry I don't have any urban pics of AZ. But I thought maybe I'd actually post a few I've taken in northern AZ. This was taken the other week on Hwy 160 between Kayenta and Teec Nos Pos. In the Navajo Reservation if you can't tell that from the names already.

nmut143ss8pb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On saturday some friends and i took a virtually unknown trail south of Superstitiion mountain to do some hiking and target shooting, well an unexpected storm hit and i managed to get some good shots of it.

The mountain on arrival

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g128/Zon...et/CIMG0884.jpg

The storm approching from the east

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g128/Zon...et/CIMG0882.jpg

During the downpour

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g128/Zon...et/CIMG0892.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g128/Zon...et/CIMG0891.jpg

Afterwards

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g128/Zon...et/CIMG0897.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

haha no. It's kind of a rough call. I'll give a hint, it's not in uptown.

It's Downtown and it is the building with the umbellical walk way... What is it called?

th_WesternWholesaleLofts.jpg

th_Conversion13SofAmWestsm.jpg

th_Conversion12GrocStoreLoftsSofAmWest.jpg

th_Conversion10Buchanan5th.jpg

th_Conversion4Madison2nd.jpg

th_Conversion3HotelMadison2ndsm.jpg

th_Conversion14thandGarfieldsm.jpg

My photos of the day...

Warehouses/ abandoned buildings Downtown- wouldn't these make cool lofts/ mixed use rennovations?

Can't any of these Phx developers gets some BALLS?

When I drive home from work along the 202 and see the Tempe skyline along Town Lake, I get excited. WIth all these developments (and centerpoints 2 tallest towers approved and breaking groudn soon), the area around Town Lake will be astonishing in a few years. With the nice modern, sleek buildings of Bridgepoint and Hayden Ferry, and the many 25-30 story towers norht of mill but south of US Airways HQ, itll be a nice look

Is that the Ernest & Young building?

that's awsome July 25th was not only my 26th bday, it was also the night of that wicked storm. It was natures birthday present!

It's not the Ernest & Young building?

Colin- the hotel is abandoned...

Probably getting ready for demolish from what I hear...

Too bad huh?

No, it's one of the high rises at Arizona Center. The metro mall area.