bubble tea?

megad

Got a couple of questions...

Where can I find bubble tea in Rhode Island? (For those of you that don't know what it is.... its just cold milk tea with tapioca pearls at the bottom) In Boston, there are many places that I know of, but I've never seen it here... except for at Lemi's BBQ.

Which leads me to my next question..

What happened to Lemi's? I went there last night at 6:30 and it wasn't open. Are they closed on Thursdays?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ack! Did Lemi's close too?? I know they were having problems. That would be, like, 4 or 5 of my favorite restaurants that have closed in the last few weeks... Lemi's, Gatehouse, Barney's, Downcity Diner, and Little Chopsticks. The culinary world isn't fair! They fail, while places like Gourmet House survive. Well, the number of edible Chinese places is down to two, in my mind... :(

Regarding bubble tea, I thought Lemi's had the best in the area. Tealuxe does have it as well. I think Red Ginger in Johnston and Lucky Garden in North Providence carry it as well, although I'd call to ask first...

- Garris

• 2 weeks later...

More bubble tea at the sushi x-press on thayer. A bubble-tea crawl on Thayer St.?

Also, the Pawtucket Dragonboat race day has in the past featured a bubble-tea vendor.

Once a year is good enough for me.

I never heard of bubble tea until this thread, and now I had some the other night, and it was really good. So thank you for all exposing me to bubble tea.

I never heard of bubble tea until this thread, and now I had some the other night, and it was really good.

Every single store in Flushing, Queens sold bubble tea when I lived there, cafes, grocery stores, cell phone stores, gas stations... Everyone! Somehow I avoided ever trying it.

Every single store in Flushing, Queens sold bubble tea when I lived there, cafes, grocery stores, cell phone stores, gas stations... Everyone! Somehow I avoided ever trying it.

Not missing much IMO. Its so damn sweet. I guess if you like chewing on tapioca balls, its a good drink. I just never saw the attraction.

I have relatives in Flushing, and you are right, cant look sideways without seeing a bubble tea place.

Not missing much IMO. Its so damn sweet. I guess if you like chewing on tapioca balls, its a good drink. I just never saw the attraction.

I have relatives in Flushing, and you are right, cant look sideways without seeing a bubble tea place.

It's funny, bubble tea was one of those things that became so trendy, so fast, that I think there was something of a bubble tea backlash :D .

I'm actually a fan. I admit it's a love or hate taste. You have to love the sweetness (I do) and especially love the chewy texture of the tapioca balls (I do). I love similarly textured foods like gnocchi, gummy bears, fruit gels, etc.

Certainly in Flushing bubble tea was ubiquitous. Even in Minneapolis when I was in Minnesota bubble tea was a universal menu item in Asian restaurants.

- Garris

It's funny, bubble tea was one of those things that became so trendy, so fast, that I think there was something of a bubble tea backlash :D .

I'm actually a fan. I admit it's a love or hate taste. You have to love the sweetness (I do) and especially love the chewy texture of the tapioca balls (I do). I love similarly textured foods like gnocchi, gummy bears, fruit gels, etc.

Certainly in Flushing bubble tea was ubiquitous. Even in Minneapolis when I was in Minnesota bubble tea was a universal menu item in Asian restaurants.

- Garris

I love gnocchi, fruit gels, and gummy bears. But I dont like them in my tea, I think that is what bothers me about it.

I like sweet things too, but not my drinks. Give me a donut anytime! :D

I think it just has such a unique flavor, atleast to me, that it makes it all worth the while, and while I don't love the taste it is very different which is just a good change of pace for a drink and thats why i really enjoy it. Not an everyday type thing, but that once and a while and I enjoy it.... kinda like a soda.

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Wok on Hope has it, but I would not get much else there...

Question: If that part of Hope St. is the "Summit" why do I have to go down hill to get there?

Good point. Why is prospect park not on prospect street, but a block away?

Archived