NCB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Talking with a lithp!?!

You got collagen injections in your lips??

Haha, well, I had my wisdom teeth taken out, but whats the difference these days? My mouth still feels like its the size of a golfball! On the flip side, nothing but ice cream, mashed potatoes, and orzo pasta for the next 10 days....yum :D

Haha, well, I had my wisdom teeth taken out, but whats the difference these days? My mouth still feels like its the size of a golfball! On the flip side, nothing but ice cream, mashed potatoes, and orzo pasta for the next 10 days....yum :D

You're a good sport! :D

Get well, dude... so you can eat real food again. :lol:

NOLA.com wins highest online journalism honors

Article at...where else, NOLA.com!

I'm certainly happy to see NOLA recieve yet another major journalism award, and I'm proud to have them represent my area. Journalism and media is great in New Orleans, with NOLA.com constantly recieving major journalism awards, as does the Times-Picayune, as does WWL 870 AM, and as does WWL TV, which is home to an award winning and top rated morning news show, evening news show, and latenight news show. :thumbsup:

Well, Im not sure if you all know, but I am an up and coming architect (within the next 10 years) and have a couple of buildings Ive created. Ive posted these on threads back home, and wanted to show you guys a few of them. I just thought that some may be interested. I use SketchUp to create most of these.

untitledgf4.png

untitled3et4.png

untitledlq1.png

Those are my favorites of all the preliminary designs Ive done :)

Wow Tommy those look really nice. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing those. Very creative for sure. Those would all look great in my city.

The 10-story lofts in the 1st drawing would look great between LSU and downtown. I really like the vaulted lobby and penthouse. The 2nd drawing; the office tower would look great in the CBD. And the spired top would be someting BR does not have. The 5-story condo could go at University Lake.

Tommy, those are awesome. Reminds me of what I used to do as a teenager... drawing high-rise buildings and homes. I so wanted to become an architect, but I was too busy being a screw-off in school. I didn't have the money for college and I certainly didn't make good enough grades for a scholarship. I hope you're able to pursue that and that you make it big... you have some really good designs, especially the first one you posted. By the way, I have SketchUp and I don't even know how to use it. :lol:

Thanks guys :) I found Google SketchUp to be extremely easy. They have all the basic tools, and nothing too advanced. They also have a tip guide that should help you when you need it. For such a small program, you sure can do a lot in it. Oh, and did I mention it was free? :D

If you did I didn't notice. Even more interesting. :D

Well, Im not sure if you all know, but I am an up and coming architect (within the next 10 years) and have a couple of buildings Ive created. Ive posted these on threads back home, and wanted to show you guys a few of them. I just thought that some may be interested. I use SketchUp to create most of these.

Nice work, TBurban. It took me 2 years in the LSU Architecture school to learn design for me was more of a spectator sport. I've decided to approach the building/development industry from another angle. But for now I'm able to enjoy some guilty pleasures like 8 hours of sleep and alcohol on weeknights. BTW another good program for 3-D modeling is Autodesk VIZ. Along with Autocad you can create some pretty realistic looking buildings...though VIZ helped me more with interior renderings

Edited by bluff2085

Nice work, TBurban. It took me 2 years in the LSU Architecture school to learn design for me was more of a spectator sport. I've decided to approach the building/development industry from another angle. But for now I'm able to enjoy some guilty pleasures like 8 hours of sleep and alcohol on weeknights. BTW another good program for 3-D modeling is Autodesk VIZ. Along with Autocad you can create some pretty realistic looking buildings...though VIZ helped me more with interior renderings

Just out of curiousity how much does Autodeck VIZ run?