Lagniappe

NCB

It sure does. Likes it's been said several times before, this site is very addictive. :D

Sometimes too addictive, just ask Brian up there with his 22 posts per day. ;)

And as Brian reads this, he first decides to bring up the fact that I've been a member for over a year again, but then after reading this, he reconsiders. :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was looking at the prices of the housing on the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai and the apartments start at around $400,000 and the houses $1,200,000. Maybe I don't understand the mechanics of real estate, but it seems like they'll never fill up the housing with prices that high; especially considering they're putting the house close together so they can get as many as they can.

Sometimes too addictive, just ask Brian up there with his 22 posts per day. ;)

And as Brian reads this, he first decides to bring up the fact that I've been a member for over a year again, but then after reading this, he reconsiders. :lol:

Yeah I'm not worried about it. It just gives me something to do when I'm bored but it's something I enjoy thoroughly.

I was looking at the prices of the housing on the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai and the apartments start at around $400,000 and the houses $1,200,000. Maybe I don't understand the mechanics of real estate, but it seems like they'll never fill up the housing with prices that high; especially considering they're putting the house close together so they can get as many as they can.

Maybe having a 'lawn' is considered a luxury over there. :D

Of course, being here over 1 year your average is going to be lower. But the current numbers speak louder...

post-9805-1154481952_thumb.jpg

As of right now, we're virtually tied, so it's the pot calling the kettle black. ;)

All I can say is Brian you've got some catching up to do. You're not even in the top 20 yet. Still over a 100 away from that distinction. :lol:

I'll be there by tomorrow. If not then, by the weekend. ;)

But I'm not pushing for that, so whatever. I just enjoy the topics and the company here.

Come on, admit it. You're sitting there thinking crap what else can I talk about to hit the top 20 by this weekend. :lol:

Yea, right. We all know the only reason you post here is because you want to be #1 on the list of top posters. ;)

Nah, not really something I care to be. The fact that I just found out that I'm at 22 posts per day disturbs me a bit. It wasn't that long ago, I was at 15 and I thought I ws boring then. I just have too much time on my hands. Heh.

I'd prefer to be out and about taking pictures every day, but gas prices don't always work out in my favor. Not only that, but eventually I'd run out of things to photograph anyway.

Nah, not really something I care to be. The fact that I just found out that I'm at 22 posts per day disturbs me a bit. It wasn't that long ago, I was at 15 and I thought I ws boring then. I just have too much time on my hands. Heh.

I'd prefer to be out and about taking pictures every day, but gas prices don't always work out in my favor. Not only that, but eventually I'd run out of things to photograph anyway.

Yeah I feel that way. Most places I go to in my city I've already taken pictures there. Granted my city is much smaller than yours. But I also think it's a bit too hot to go around taking pics as well.

Oh same here, man, same here. Even if I had enough money to just blow gas prices off, I just don't have the time. We're both prabably pretty busy, but we manage to post about 60 times just in the Louisiana forum, just in one thread, in what seems like an hour. :lol:

Another great thing about New Orleans, is the fact that it is one of the most photogenic cities in the world. I've taken 4 photo tours downtown and in the French Quarter, and I haven't even covered half of the stuff there. Not to mention the fact that you have so many other historic neighborhoods, ranging from Algiers Point to the Garden District, to take pictures of, and I haven't even been there with my camera yet.

Oh same here, man, same here. Even if I had enough money to just blow gas prices off, I just don't have the time. We're both prabably pretty busy, but we manage to post about 60 times just in the Louisiana forum, just in one thread, in what seems like an hour. :lol:

Another great thing about New Orleans, is the fact that it is one of the most photogenic cities in the world. I've taken 4 photo tours downtown and in the French Quarter, and I haven't even covered half of the stuff there. Not to mention the fact that you have so many other historic neighborhoods, ranging from Algiers Point to the Garden District, to take pictures of, and I haven't even been there with my camera yet.

Yeah out of all of us you have the best opportunity for pics. I certainly like the scenery of my surrounding area. But I don't have the chances at urban photography that you do. :D

Yeah out of all of us you have the best opportunity for pics. I certainly like the scenery of my surrounding area. But I don't have the chances at urban photography that you do. :D

Yea, New Orleans is always listed alongside cities like New York and San Francisco as one of the most dense and urban cities in the country, and it is by far the most urban and dense city in the South in terms of infrastructure. And that, Rod, is why you need to come down here eventually! It's a photographer's heaven! :D

Yea, New Orleans is always listed alongside cities like New York and San Francisco as one of the most dense and urban cities in the country, and it is by far the most urban and dense city in the South in terms of infrastructure. And that, Rod, is why you need to come down here eventually! It's a photographer's heaven! :D

I'm sure I'd really like some aspects of it. But I'd also really miss things up here as well. I really like the scenery and being so close to some nice hiking areas. I do appreciate nature photography as well. :D

I'm sure I'd really like some aspects of it. But I'd also really miss things up here as well. I really like the scenery and being so close to some nice hiking areas. I do appreciate nature photography as well. :D

:lol: I'm not talking about moving here. I think you could survive outside of NWA for a few days. ;) If you were ever able to come down to Louisiana, you would be able to see Shreveport-Bossier, Natchitoches, Alexandria, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans, as they are all off of I-49 or I-10. And I know Brian is dying to show off the Louisiana Boardwalk to another person.

:lol: I'm not talking about moving here. I think you could survive outside of NWA for a few days. ;) If you were ever able to come down to Louisiana, you would be able to see Shreveport-Bossier, Natchitoches, Alexandria, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans, as they are all off of I-49 or I-10. And I know Brian is dying to show off the Louisiana Boardwalk to another person.

Yeah maybe one of these days I'll actually have to try to make a trip down there instead of always going out west. :D

I'm going to Dallas tomorrow! :D I'll be gone a week, but if I get access to computer during then I'll try to post.

Have fun in the big D! And if you really want to have some fun, print out that picture of the Dallas Star in the toilet I posted, and hand it out to everyone in Dallas! :lol: