Lagniappe

NCB

I knew you'd change it again soon. :lol: Just because I appreciate good beers doesn't make them weird. Come on what about Guinness? I admit the Ginger People Ginger beer is a bit out there. But that doesn't mean everything I like is that strange. Well okay maybe it is the more I think about it. I'm just ahead of my time, I tell ya! :lol:

Now there's nothing wrong with Guinness!! All the bars and nightclubs offer it, and it's good. Heineken is good as well. I consider those mainstream beers, so nothing strange there.

Yeah I did decide to change it, but only because I'm still experimenting. I've made quite a few that I'm messing with in Photoshop in the evenings.

Still, my favorite beers start with a Bud and end with a Weiser. ;)

Edited by SBCmetroguy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rod likes weird beers. So weird he has yet to even tell us the names of any.

Mine's simple: Bud.

Bud-Wei-Ser

I admit they have good commercials but I don't care for their beer. I haven't named any because nobody has asked! :lol: Let's see Paulaner Salvator is one of my favorites. I do like some of the other Paulaner beers as well. probably my favorite beer company out of Germany. Although there are others I'd like to try that I've heard about but can't find over here. Another good one is Birra Moretti Doppio Malto. Another one I like is Cerveceria Negra Modelo. Believe it or not the same company that puts out Corona. Can't say I like Corona much, seems like the Mexican version of Bud to me. I'm also a really big fan of lambic beers. The real stuff not the fake stuff the some American companies try to make. The real stuff is fermented in Belgium by wild yeasts. Samuel Smith also makes some good beers. And no I don't mean Samuel Adams. I'm referring to the British company. Young's is another good British beer company. Okay yeah I'm sure to most of you this list isn't going to change anyone's mind about my weird beer status.

I admit they have good commercials but I don't care for their beer. I haven't named any because nobody has asked! :lol: Let's see Paulaner Salvator is one of my favorites. I do like some of the other Paulaner beers as well. probably my favorite beer company out of Germany. Although there are others I'd like to try that I've heard about but can't find over here. Another good one is Birra Moretti Doppio Malto. Another one I like is Cerveceria Negra Modelo. Believe it or not the same company that puts out Corona. Can't say I like Corona much, seems like the Mexican version of Bud to me. I'm also a really big fan of lambic beers. The real stuff not the fake stuff the some American companies try to make. The real stuff is fermented in Belgium by wild yeasts. Samuel Smith also makes some good beers. And no I don't mean Samuel Adams. I'm referring to the British company. Young's is another good British beer company. Okay yeah I'm sure to most of you this list isn't going to change anyone's mind about my weird beer status.

I like Modelo! I didn't know it was made by the people who make Corona, though!

Where do you find your 'different' beers? Do you get them from normal liquor stores or do you have to order them? My co-worker just bought a $200 bottle of a very rare Samuel Adams beer.

I like Modelo! I didn't know it was made by the people who make Corona, though!

Where do you find your 'different' beers? Do you get them from normal liquor stores or do you have to order them? My co-worker just bought a $200 bottle of a very rare Samuel Adams beer.

We have a few nice liquor stores here in the area that carry some interesting varieties of beer. I wish we had even more though. To be honest I'm a little surprised with what we do have. Arkansas has rather restrictive alcohol laws. When I go out of state I like to see all the things that I can't find in Arkansas.

We have a few nice liquor stores here in the area that carry some interesting varieties of beer. I wish we had even more though. To be honest I'm a little surprised with what we do have. Arkansas has rather restrictive alcohol laws. When I go out of state I like to see all the things that I can't find in Arkansas.

Oh we have some of those "nicer" liquor stores... two of them are within 2 miles of my office... but I was thinking some place not as expensive! :D Those types of liquor stores tend to be a bit higher, around here at least.

Oh we have some of those "nicer" liquor stores... two of them are within 2 miles of my office... but I was thinking some place not as expensive! :D Those types of liquor stores tend to be a bit higher, around here at least.

I was referring more to the fact that they offered a nice selection. I suppose they might have more expensive stuff than some of the other liquor stores. But I want a liquor store with a variety and such.

I like Paulaner Salvator and the Birra Moretti too. Samuel Smith had some good ones-Oatmeal Stout, India Pale Ale, Imperial Stout. I also bought my first Lambic here, I thought it was great. Just to let you know where I stand, I have a beer bottle collection of the beers I've had,here are the brands I have at least 1 bottle from.

St. Peter's

Guinness

Boddington's

Mississippi Mud

Kulmbacher

Abita

Panther

Goose Island

Capital

Dogfish Head

Victory

Bert Grant

Buckeye

Samuel Adams

Great Lakes

Stone

Red Hook

North Coast

Rogue

Crooked River

Moretti

Thirsty Dog

Pete's Wicked

Pyramid

Anchor

Sierra Nevada

Fuller's

Samuel Smith

Peroni

Black Sheep

Singha

Tsingtao

Zywiec

Chimay

Paulaner

Hoegaarden

Asahi

Weihenstephaner

Erdinger

Hofbrau Munchen

Veltins

Radeberger

Carlow

Carlsberg

Spaten

Franziskaner

Warsteiner

Ayinger

DAB

Frankenheim

Riva S.A.

Unibroue

Lindemans

Heineken

Kirin Ichiban

Staropramen

Pilsner Urquell

Negra Modelo

Sapporo

Carib

Bass

Harp

Young's

Grolsch

Molsen

Bitburger

Edited by Mikejesmike

Nice list. :D I see there's a number of them I haven't been able to find up here. AlthoughI think there's a few I've had that aren't on your list. But that doesn't mean you can't find them down there. You got any favorites out of that list?

Edited by Mith242

WOW! I saw some of your bottles in your YouTube videos, but I had no idea your collection was THAT large. That's awesome... lots of names I don't even recognize in that list.

It's even larger. Being a southerner and lazy by disposition I still haven't gotten around to finishing the shelves I want to put up to hold my bottles. What you see in the video is a tiny part. I have 68 bottles up along the wall and many more waiting to go up along with 3 cans.

Here's how many I have per brand

St. Peter's-1

Guinness-1 (can)

Boddington's-1 (can)

Mississippi Mud-1

Kulmbacher-2

Abita-1

Panther-1

Goose Island-1

Capital-1

Dogfish Head-3

Victory-2

Bert Grant-1

Buckeye-5

Samuel Adams-9 (started my collection)

Great Lakes-11

Stone-8

Red Hook-1

North Coast-1

Rogue-4

Crooked River-2

Moretti-1

Thirsty Dog-2

Pete's Wicked-2

Pyramid-2

Anchor-4

Sierra Nevada-4

Fuller's-3

Samuel Smith-4

Peroni-1

Black Sheep-3

Singha-1

Tsingtao-1

Zywiec-1

Chimay-3

Paulaner-3

Hoegaarden-1

Asahi-1

Weihenstephaner-1

Erdinger-2

Hofbrau Munchen-1

Veltins-1

Radeberger-1

Carlow-2

Carlsberg-1

Spaten-3

Franziskaner-2

Warsteiner-2

Ayinger-1

DAB-1

Frankenheim-1

Riva S.A.-1

Unibroue-1

Lindemans-1

Heineken-1

Kirin Ichiban-1

Staropramen-1

Pilsner Urquell-1

Negra Modelo-1

Sapporo-1

Carib-1

Bass-1

Harp-1

Young's-1 (can)

Grolsch-1

Molsen-1

Bitburger-1

Out of all them the strongest is EKU at 11%. This was the strongest beer in the world when it came out in the 1950's. However today the United States has a monopoly on the world's strongest beers. I remember reading that of the 50 strongest beers made the United States brews about 40 something of them.

Edited by Mikejesmike

I've heard of Kulmbacher and wanted to try it. Yeah the US has really been doing a lot in the really strong beers. I know there are some pretty strong Scottish beers as well. But a number of US beer makers have gone as far as using champagne yeast instead of beer yeast. The usual types of yeast used for beer can't live after the alcohol content hits a certain level.

Samuel Adams Utopias is one strong beer. According to their website, the 2003 batch topped out at a record-breaking 25.6% alcohol by volume. This is a very rare beer, and it's only been made on a few occasions. One of my co-workers just bought a bottle for nearly $200.

Geez, for 200 bucks that better be the best damn beer I've ever had. Unless he's just going to stow it away somewhere as a collectors item.

The Kulmbacher beers I've had are EKU and Eisbock, which is rated at 9.2%.

These are the beers that I liked enough to want to enjoy them again.

Kulmbacher-EKU

Goose Island-Oatmeal Stout

Dogfish Head-60 minute/90 Minute/Raison D'Etre

Victory-Hopdevil

Buckeye-'76 India Pale Ale/Hippie IPA/Old Mammoth Stout

Samuel Adams-Double Bock/Boston Ale/Boston Lager/Winter Lager/Cream Stout

Great Lakes-Burning River Pale Ale/Edmund Fitzgerald Porter/Dortmunder Gold/Blackout Stout/Nosferatu/Eliot Ness Vienna Lager/Holy Moses

Stone-Vertical Epic 04/Stone 8th Anniversary/Ruination IPA/Double beotch/IPA

North Coast-Old Rasputin Imperial Stout

Rogue-Dead Guy Ale/Mocha Porter/Younger's Special Bitter/Shakespeare Stout

Thirsty Dog-Siberian Night Imperial Stout/Old Leghumper Porter

Pyramid-India Pale Ale

Anchor-Steam/Porter/Liberty Ale/Christmas 2002

Sierra Nevada-Stout/Porter/Celebration Ale/Pale Ale

I'll list more later.

Geez, for 200 bucks that better be the best damn beer I've ever had. Unless he's just going to stow it away somewhere as a collectors item.

Considering the complexity of beer and how hard it is to make it compared to wine, it's a wonder why some of the best beers on earth are not commanding high brow wine prices. I mean considering what one pays for a bottle of Westvleteren 12, it's a raging steal considering it's complexity,care,effort and time that went into it.

I've paid at least $4 for a small bottle of beer, and I didn't regret it either. It was a Lindemans Lambic (Belgian beer).

Also some beers because of their alcohol % and hop profiles can be stored for many years maturing like wine.

Nope, he's not going to drink it.

But if he ever changes his mind, I'd better get to taste it!!!

The reviews I've seen says it has no head and people have detected flavors of vanilla, butterscotch, and syrup among others. Overwhelmingly people seem to like it. Of course these people go in expecting this, I'd feel bad for the guy getting ready for a drink and expecting Budweiser (hint hint) or Coors or something along those lines.

You mentioned not like that Abita Raspberry Wheat. I don't know if I would either. I'm not fond of raspberrys and the only wheat beers I like have a banana flavor to them.

The reviews I've seen says it has no head and people have detected flavors of vanilla, butterscotch, and syrup among others. Overwhelmingly people seem to like it. Of course these people go in expecting this, I'd feel bad for the guy getting ready for a drink and expecting Budweiser (hint hint) or Coors or something along those lines.

You mentioned not like that Abita Raspberry Wheat. I don't know if I would either. I'm not fond of raspberrys and the only wheat beers I like have a banana flavor to them.

Interesting flavors. That actually sounds really good.

:D

I was looking on emporis and they are going to build a tower in New York for $35 million and then sell each unit for $30 million. Evne though it is exclusive, it still seems ridiculous to me.http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=205013

That IS ridiculous. And at $30 million per unit, it wouldn't be worth it to me. It looks like it's being held up by two toothpicks... no thanks!!