• No - it will add a lot to Nashville's skyline
    • Yes - I would rather see a couple of shorter towers instead
    • I don't think it will be built
    • No opinion

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

The top of the shereton looks butt ugly. It looks like a cheap flying saucer. I've always thought this. I think that once all of these people move into their new downtown condos (from what I understand, many of the current sales in signature are just rich williamson county folk buying a second living space downtown so they wont be there as often) such as encore, WES, Icon, terazzo, rhythm, etc, we will start to see a chain reaction of development to cater to the new residences downtown. Right now it's condoes. Tomorrow it will be resturants, shopping, and maybe even (GASP!) a REAL grocery store downtown (the tiny HG Hills at the bottom of the L&C tower doesnt count) with who knows what else. It's a time to be exited for our once humble little city. Nashville's growing up.

As far as the skyline goes, I think that the lesser developments (pinnacle & WES are very under hyped) are going to make a bigger impact on the skyline than Signature because the average joe doesnt judge a city's size based on how tall the buildings are but rather how many there are and how far they sprawl. Take tokyo and paris for example. HUGE cities... but how many buildings do they have topping 1000 ft? Not many (tokyo has a few i think but only like 1 or 2... maybe 3). I think signature will stick out just a tad but not for long and if it gets developers to start thinking outside the 500ft box then I'm all for it! Plus it's a gourgeous building!

• 1 month later...

L&C... Veridean... they're so close to eachother that they're practally the same building. Maybe I should try looking UP next time haha! Well pinnacle is a done deal (foundation was emerging at the bottom of that bog hole last I drove by) and WES is pretty much a done deal last I heard. Some guy in the WES thread said he asked a construction worker when it was going up and he claimed the guy sounded comfident that it was going up soon. Who knows though.

I'm not even going into signature T.

Archived