Signature: Really Feasible?

bnaflyer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The word amongst nashville real estate professionals is that rising construction costs have killed this project. Announcement could come next week. :(

They may have a point.

Construction costs are rising dramatically, everywhere. The booming Chinese economy has become one large black hole for world resources, driving the prices up on steel, concrete, etc. And we all know about the cost of oil.

I've seen it happen in my field of engineering with projects costing 2 to 3 times what they cost a few short years ago.

So does anyone on here have any ties with Tony G. to confirm that this is true? I know that we have had people skeptical about this project from the beginning but I think that this would be such a horrible let down for the people supporting this for our city. There has been too much hype put into this project and with all of the interest people have put into it by reserving units, I find it hard to believe that this project is just "dead" so easily. I hope it's not true. :(

are these the same professionals that didn't want to see this built in the first place? it's hard to believe that tony would release something this big only for him to come out a few weeks later and be like "oh yeah, sorry about that. we didn't know it was going to cost that much. guess we should have ran the numbers." remember, these are luxury condos, people will pay large amounts of money to live there.

The word amongst nashville real estate professionals is that rising construction costs have killed this project. Announcement could come next week. :(

Murhpy, that's pretty irresponsible to repeat such a rumor without some basis to sustain the argument. Do you realize the potential for such a rumor to lead actual people to reconsider their actual plans and wind up diminishing sales for Tony's project and others in town? People read this forum who are considering purchases in the Nashville condo market. And the press reads it, too.

The fact is, Signature will go forward. Nothing has changed in the market for construction materials in the last two months to cause such a dramatic turn of events. If it had, it would be front page news not only here but for projects across the country. But even if there were a problem with construction costs, the building would be built, but perhaps not on the same scale as currently planned.

Murphy, if that is your real name, you should either substantiate your claim or retract it. Period. Until you do, in my opinion you should be ignored.

No happy emoticons for you.

!!?!!

Old school - meaning nothing new is ever good. People don't like change and the climate in Tennessee when I grew up wallowed in that way of thinking. Therefore, if the right old school people were to still hold high horsepower positions in the city's development, they could put a damper on things.

I don't see that happening as I would venture the old-schoolers are being pushed out of the picture.

So does anyone on here have any ties with Tony G. to confirm that this is true? I know that we have had people skeptical about this project from the beginning but I think that this would be such a horrible let down for the people supporting this for our city. There has been too much hype put into this project and with all of the interest people have put into it by reserving units, I find it hard to believe that this project is just "dead" so easily. I hope it's not true. :(

Is it April 1?

Hard to read these rumors. I exchange emails or calls with Tony almost daily.

I'm sitting here working on new renderings of Signature for Tony.

My team will start on a new video trailer tomorrow with a big focus on the exterior of the project. All is being worked on according to schedule.

I can assure you that we aren't doing this for the heck of it.

Old school - meaning nothing new is ever good. People don't like change and the climate in Tennessee when I grew up wallowed in that way of thinking. Therefore, if the right old school people were to still hold high horsepower positions in the city's development, they could put a damper on things.

I don't see that happening as I would venture the old-schoolers are being pushed out of the picture.

But what is new-school about skyscrapers? And what does being new or school have to do with a rumor about Signature Tower's funding scheme going down? I promise I am not trying to be a ding-dong...I just don't get what you are saying... :blink:

But what is new-school about skyscrapers? And what does being new or school have to do with a rumor about Signature Tower's funding scheme going down? I promise I am not trying to be a ding-dong...I just don't get what you are saying... :blink:

At this point, I'm confused by my own posts. :lol:

Actually, I was on a soapbox about how the nashville of the 60s and 70s always seemed in my opinion to be just a little behind other cities of similar size. Therefore if Signature Tower is cancelled for whatever reason, I would venture it is because of an inherent opposition or lack of risk takers in the city council to anything new. As to if my assumptions were factual or something in my head, I dont know.

Is it April 1?

Hard to read these rumors. I exchange emails or calls with Tony almost daily.

I'm sitting here working on new renderings of Signature for Tony.

My team will start on a new video trailer tomorrow with a big focus on the exterior of the project. All is being worked on according to schedule.

I can assure you that we aren't doing this for the heck of it.

Just wanted to find out the latest numbers for the Signature. I have noticed the sales numbers have not been updated for almost a week and curious how sales are going.

Actually, I was on a soapbox about how the nashville of the 60s and 70s always seemed in my opinion to be just a little behind other cities of similar size.

Maybe it's just me, but perhaps we should be grateful that there was a bit of a slowdown in that period. If we had been in maximum Atlanta overdrive, our downtown might be populated with hideous modernist Internationalist style skyscrapers, the buildings on 2nd Avenue might not still exist (believe it or not, there was a notion in the '70s to demolish them for extra parking), and the Ryman would be the "Little Chapel" on the grounds of that Opry Mills Mall today. It's bad enough everything else we lost... :(

You're a sly dog, you are!

Yeah...howz about them sales numbers? Did they fly up a kite?

I just check stupid things on a daily basis. I may be sly but it also proves I dont have much of a life sometimes. :lol:

By the way the count is at 125 and has been for about a week.

First of all, I have nothing to gain or lose if Signiture tower is built. My office has daily contact with the Cushman & Wakefield commercial real estate office in Nashville, and the subject of Signiture tower came up in conversation. Personally, I like the design and I am sorry that it will not be constructed.

First of all, I have nothing to gain or lose if Signiture tower is built. My office has daily contact with the Cushman & Wakefield commercial real estate office in Nashville, and the subject of Signiture tower came up in conversation. Personally, I like the design and I am sorry that it will not be constructed.

My office has daily contact with the ground. I would love to know what crystal ball, or crystal meth is being used to make these predictions. The developer would not spend all of his money if he didn't believe it would work - I'm sure he has done a lot more homework than C&W on his project.

Personally, I love the design and am glad that it will be constructed.

Archived