Blurry Grand Rapids Photo of the Day

It's Blurry East Grand Rapids week over at the Blurry GR blog.

The thread about East Grand Rapids last week got me thinking about my glory days in East... so I took some blurry pictures to celebrate. This week all the pictures I'll post are from EGR. This one is worth 80 bonus points to you if you can tell me in the comments on this blog what I was trying to take a picture of within the city limits of EGR.

Wow! There were a few guesses on the blog last night. Here was the picture:

egr1.jpg

Kristen got the right answer of the Canepa Tennis Center at the corner of Hall and Lake Drive. There is a new quiz up on the site today. 20 points for the asking.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comment function on blurrygrandrapids is being finnicky! It's Jersey Junction!Looks like mgreven got it first! I'll settle for a Jersey Scoop for a second place finish!

Gaslight Village is featured in today's Blurry Grand Rapids Photo of the Day. 10 points available. Strike up some conversation here as well about what part of GR should get another week-long five part treatment on the blog.

Cheers,

Jay Blogger

The comment function on blurrygrandrapids is being finnicky! It's Jersey Junction!Looks like mgreven got it first! I'll settle for a Jersey Scoop for a second place finish!

Yeah... Blogger has had its share of problems the past week. You both get points... and ice cream for everyone!!!!!!

Here's the photo of Jersey Junction

egr3.jpg

I'm guessing Osta's Lebanese Cuisine.

Think I take it back - the midroof line looks different, no awning.

Kinda looks like the building across the street next to the jeweler,

before the gas station, is that still there? On Wealthy, I mean,

near the corner of Lovett.

Is it Wealthy Elementary School?

My guess is that the photo was taken facing north on Lake Drive. This is where the 900-seat auditorium is located. Building was the original EGR High School.

-Wealthy Wizard

Yes!!! That's it. I was really looking for Pioneer Auditorium at Wealthy Elementary. It's between Wealthy and Lake Drive. The photo was taken facing north on Lake Drive. GRGridGirl gets all of those 160 bonus points!

here's your chance tSlater... part II of the Eastown series is on the blog. 10 points available today.

My answers's on the blog too - I hope I'm right! SW Corner of Lake Drive and Carlton. If I'm not right, I'll feel like I have to turn in my Eastown street cred!

Archived