Eureka Springs

Mith242

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a B&B and an Inn burned down last night in Eureka. I think it was on Spring St which would place it in the downtown area, possibly even in the historic district of the town. Luckily no one was hurt and there isn't any word yet on the cause of the fire.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah but I don't think these will be the typical condos you've been seeing developed in the rest of NWA. Just to summarize, they will be designed as something that E Fay Jones would design. The 39 condos will also be spread out into 20 different buildings. No sleek high rises here. But I think we'll also have to see what kind of reaction people will have. If there's one city that can give Fayetteville a run for it's money it would be Eureka Springs. :lol: I remember the area where these will be going into if built. I'll have to look through my pics and see if I have any of that land in some of my pics. It's just a forested hillside right now.

Yeah but I don't think these will be the typical condos you've been seeing developed in the rest of NWA. Just to summarize, they will be designed as something that E Fay Jones would design. The 39 condos will also be spread out into 20 different buildings. No sleek high rises here. But I think we'll also have to see what kind of reaction people will have. If there's one city that can give Fayetteville a run for it's money it would be Eureka Springs. :lol: I remember the area where these will be going into if built. I'll have to look through my pics and see if I have any of that land in some of my pics. It's just a forested hillside right now.

Yeah it seems like everyone who mentions "condos" also quickly follows with "they'll be unique" or at least unique to NWA.

Apparently the architect was one of E Fay Jones students. I admit having them using that type of architecture would make me interesting in them. That and that style would seem to fit into Eureka Springs well. One of their big attractions of course is Thorncrown Chapel. I think a lot of people associate E Fay Jones with Eureka Springs because that's where his most well known building is located. Even though most of his stuff is actually in Fayetteville.

Archived