Major James Center Expansion

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, let's guess who could be potential tenants. BB&T could use their name on the skyline.

Isn't the BB&T name emblazoned on the top of the old First & Merchants National Bank at s/w corner of 9th and Main? I wouldn't want to see that great old building emptied.

Since Dominion Power still has not brought its Innsbrook employees downtown to a new tower at Tredegar perhaps #3 James Center would be the place for them.

Ideally, new Fortune 500 or 1000 companies from out of state should fill both new structures.

Coupe and I found this last night. I am so thrilled about the James Center Expansion its gonna be wonderful. I also fully agree with coupe that Genworth Financial should locate downtown in the James Center Expansion. I wouldn't mind seeing Capital One or Land America come downtown as well. But thid project will take a while before we see construction. I believe it said 18 months after approval of Permits and by the council that we would see construction.

While waiting the doctor's office this afternoon, I saw a full page ad in Business Week Best & Worst issue dated December 18th for CBRE. It was a very simple ad, but said "Number one in commercial real estate worldwide."

Isn't CBRE handling the leasing for James Center?

I saw something else in another issue of Business Week, but I'll post that in "Sports" thread. :)

While waiting the doctor's office this afternoon, I saw a full page ad in Business Week Best & Worst issue dated December 18th for CBRE. It was a very simple ad, but said "Number one in commercial real estate worldwide."

Isn't CBRE handling the leasing for James Center?

I saw something else in another issue of Business Week, but I'll post that in "Sports" thread. :)

Yes they are.

• 1 month later...

From todays RTD...

James Center III: A 14-floor vertical addition to the 14-story building could be 250,000-square feet. Pre-leasing is precursor to construction

James Center IV: New building is a consideration-possibly 20 floors with 350,000 square feet. Leasing rates both James Center additions could be $29.75 the highest in the region.

• 1 month later...

Here's a little surprise for everyone!

James Center Expansion website

Check out the rendering of a taller James Center 3!!! They'd add 250,000 square feet, and it looks to be about 28 floors.

They are also advertising James Center 4, a 350,000 square foot tower just south of James Center 3 on what is currently a parking lot. Earlier articles mentioned it would be about 20 stories of office space.

These are build to suit opportunities, meaning a significant portion of space must be pre-leased for construction to begin. Once they've achieved that, and have city permits in hand, construction would take about 18 months.

Let's hope there is a lot of interest in this!

Please say it's just my connection that's not allowing me access to the web page :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking through CBRE's March listings and James Center was not on the list. So, I'm assuming that they no longer have the James Center listing, which explains why the JC expansion website won't come up. If this is the case, it should have minimal impact on what the owner's plan to do regarding the expansion. Plus, Shakman has just mentioned the GC news for the expansion.

I think I know who the owners are. I will make some calls and try to gather more info.

Anyone have info on the height of Three James Center after full build out? If not, I guess this will be another questions I will ask.

I think I know who the owners are. I will make some calls and try to gather more info.

Anyone have info on the height of Three James Center after full build out? If not, I guess this will be another questions I will ask.

Wasn't it recently disclosed that if JC expansion actually proceeds, they will begin with a building across Canal Street so as not to displace workers in JC III?

The owners are JEMB realty, though I think Jemal has a stake in the ownership as well.

http://www.jembrealty.net/

Archived