Cameron Village HT

dmccall

Did anyone read the N&O article today about the Cameron Village wishes for Eckerd and Harris Teeter to swap locations? Because HT has some serious parking deficiencies, they want to raze the current Eckerds (which USED to by Harris Teeter) and build a 70K sqft store with an integrated parking deck. We were considering how they'd do it. Most likely they would move the storefront close to Woodburn and put parking behind, complete with escalators from the lower level??? And didn't we all take one glance at that Oberlin Rd HT when it was built and say,"That isn't enough parking!"???

This is one seriously f#$^#d up day! :wacko:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too much fragmentation leads to redundancy, ya know!
Agreed. It's difficult to figure out where to draw the line between urban/development issues that belong in the main forum, and unrelated stuff that should go in the coffeehouse. For example, take a shopping mall. How do you define whether it's a "development" topic or a "retail" topic? Some of the discussion is about retail tenants and such which clearly belongs in the coffee house, but some of the discussion is about mall renovations and urbanization in the surrounding areas. This confusion makes me second-guess creating the coffee house forum in the first place...

I think it's done well in the Charlotte forum. There is a fine line between retail and projects. I think most of the retail projects (along with restaurants, schools, off-topic stuff), however, have gone into the Charlotte Coffeehouse and the highrises/transportation projects/other developments have stayed in the general forum.

Edit: maybe the Triangle can only handle one forum and the coffeehouse should be eliminated

I think it's done well in the Charlotte forum. There is a fine line between retail and projects. I think most of the retail projects (along with restaurants, schools, off-topic stuff), however, have gone into the Charlotte Coffeehouse and the highrises/transportation projects/other developments have stayed in the general forum.

Edit: maybe the Triangle can only handle one forum and the coffeehouse should be eliminated

Maybe rename it to something other than Coffeehouse. We already have an off topic thread.

We already have an off topic thread.

I don't like it condensed into one thread though. I like the coffee house, and as far as the redundancy goes, we have ppl starting new topics all the time on the main board. If they just did a quick search, they'd find an existing topic on the 2nd page usually.

I don't like it condensed into one thread though. I like the coffee house, and as far as the redundancy goes, we have ppl starting new topics all the time on the main board. If they just did a quick search, they'd find an existing topic on the 2nd page usually.

True. I do like the break down of coffeehouse compared to the off topic thread. I guess anything regarding construction, redevelopment, rezoning, or any urban issues should be on the main board. I guessthe coffeehouse should be for off the wall stuff, entertainment and politics.

Archived