Which Project is the most important to GR?

Yankee Fan

Which Project is the most important to GR?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which Project is the most important to GR?

• Riverhouse
    • Alticor Hotel
    • River Grand (or whatever it is called)
    • GR Art Museum
    • Pill Hill Developments, including VAI expansion
    • MSU Medical School
    • Other

I said 'other' before the Pill Hill category was changed to include VAI. And now I can't change my vote. Shickity-Brickity.

Wait, I know. VanGreedenberg tower is most significant. It will house the Greedo Institute for Advanced Action and Squaddry, The Greed Group, a venture capital firm, Greedo, Solo, Lando and Jones, the premier corporate relations/legal firm, and a Gap.

Number one project, obvs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't believe so many people picked the River Grand project. If a project that is a mystery is the "most important to GR", watch for bridge jumpers if this thing doesn't get off the ground :unsure::lol:

Which bridge is the tallest from the water?

:rofl:

Or just goto any school around with an architectural department, cough East Kentwood.. cough.

civitas, how tall ?

As tall as you want...I thought it was your building from a few posts ago :) .

I think I stretched it up to about 75 stories.

SketchUp is great software. We used to do massing models out of foamcore board to get a sense of a project's scale. You can do the same in much less time with SketchUp and have images from any angle in minutes.

• 7 months later...

It would be different, RiverGrand is defunct, and many of the other projects moving along, JW & GRAM nearing completion, Pill Hill developments and Riverhouse moving forward the list contains projects that contain a high rate of success.

Hopefully, next spring we can do a 2007 version with Tall House, the planned movie theater and hopefully some other additional developments.

Agreed. The initial value of all of the Pill Hill projects themselves sums up to a figure north of a billion dollars when all is said and done with. However the real impact will be felt in the long term with an influx of high quality, good paying jobs. That means tax revenue for the city and positive economic spill over onto surrounding bussineses boosting there profits and allowing them to hire more people meaning more job creation. Plus you are correct in that these jobs generate wil not go to China any time soon.

I'd also define 'most important' as 'most economic value' and vote for the Medical developments, including MSU College of Human Medicine.

Paintings and sculptures are great, and so are riverfront condos, but they don't go out and buy groceries, clothes, furniture, cars, houses, insurance, hair cuts, and dinner out on the town. Doctors, nurses, research scientists, med students and hospital administrators do, however, and that's the botton line. It's an economic engine that runs long after the construction crews back up and the cranes come down.

And once it's there, the jobs it creates aren't likely to be shipped overseas to India or Brazil or China. On the contrary, it's far more likely that we'd see some brainpower from those countries headed to GR.

Archived