Best NCAA tournament ever?

cameronm

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida is on a roll. If not for George Mason they would have been the Cinderella story this year. They lost four starters and replaced them with four sophmores. Preseason polls had them picked 5th in the SEC. Now they're the favorite to win the championship. UCLA is supposed to be the defensive team but no team has score over 60 points on Florida in the tournament. If Florida shows up with their A game they'll win by over 10 points. If they just play ok I still think they win a close game. The only way UCLA wins is if Florida self destructs.

Florida is on a roll. If not for George Mason they would have been the Cinderella story this year. They lost four starters and replaced them with four sophmores. Preseason polls had them picked 5th in the SEC.

The Preseason Polls for the SEC. Lindy's Picked them 5th everyone else had them 2nd or 3rd.

CONFERENCE PREDICTIONS

WEST DIVISION

AS SN SS LN BR AVG

UA 2 1 1 1 1 1.20

LS 1 3 2 2 3 2.20

AR 3 2 3 3 2 2.60

UM 4 4 5 4 4 4.20

MS 5 5 4 5 5 4.80

AU 6 6 6 6 6 6.00

EAST DIVISION

AS SN SS LN BR AVG

UK 1 1 1 1 1 1.00

VU 2 4 4 2 2 2.80

UF 3 2 2 5 3 3.00

SC 4 3 3 3 4 3.40

UT 5 5 5 4 5 4.80

UG 6 6 6 6 6 6.00

KEY--AS-Athlon Sports; CBS-CBS Sportsline.com; SN-Sporting News; SS-Street & Smith's; LN-Lindy's; BR-Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook.

Indeed. Those games were weak.

Gee, let me guess... Did your team lose?

Almost all the announcers and coaches have been and are still saying this was the best tournament ever. Even John Thompson from Georgetown who was in some of the better tournaments said this one was the best.

If Florida shows up with their A game they'll win by over 10 points. If they just play ok I still think they win a close game. The only way UCLA wins is if Florida self destructs.

I forgot to mention if Florida has a great game they win by 15 in a game that was never in doubt. Unbelievable.... Probably the most dominating final game I've ever seen, and UCLA is a good team. Florida just stepped it up and didn't even give UCLA a chance to get into the game.

Gee, let me guess... Did your team lose?

Almost all the announcers and coaches have been and are still saying this was the best tournament ever. Even John Thompson from Georgetown who was in some of the better tournaments said this one was the best.

The games before the final few were awesome. There were few upsets after that, the championship was not even close.

This wasn't the best tourney, by a long shot. It was doing well until the 3 blowouts in the Final Four.

I agree with this. The first 4 rounds were amazing - close games, big upsets, lots of drama. Then came the Final Four. Probably the worst Final Four I have ever seen (been watching since 1989). Florida, UCLA, LSU, and GMU fans - don't take that personally. That doesn't take away from what the teams had to do to get there, but the fact is the FF was a huge letdown this year. All 3 games were blowouts and they were low scoring as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the TV ratings for the FF dropped off significantly from previous years.

Just to reitterate that I'm not a homer...my UConn Huskies lost in the Elite 8 to GMU, but I still thought it was the best tournament even after they lost. The next 2 rounds (Final Four and Championship) were tough to watch.

With that said, every Final Four team had a tough road to reach Indianapolis, so I credit them on a great tournament run. And I don't mean to take anything away from Florida's Nat'l Championship - Florida played the best and deserved it, congratulations.

Archived