Future Skyline Renderings

Rickydavisfan21

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That does look good. I agree, Wachovia should hopefully be much flashier and (i hope) larger than that. I think it's a bad perspective on The Vue that causes that issue, the block it's on from the picture is large due to the angle so they made the tower thicker to compensate for it. Also, maybe it's the fold in the page, but I thought the 210 Trade was flashier at the top than that.

it is flashier, its just a simple 3D Studio, or Maya Rendering, that really didn't take much time, probably maya, since there is a flythrough, they could havade it perfect, I mean hell if I wanted to spend 40+ hours, I could make a perfect flythrough rendering on maya, but I simply don't have the time, I mean for an example of how basic of a rendering it is look at the interstate tower

this rendering probably took at least 10-15 hours to complete, starting with a satilite map of downtown charlotte, skewed into perspective, then they built up the towers (notice the flatness of the parking lots and such), the reason why I say this is maya, is because I can't remember if it was dubone or altrvr that said this was from the same project the flythrough was done in but with more buildings, the flythrough is more a characteristic of Maya, and there are some maya like characteristics in the rendering, gonna stop talking and go to bed before 1 for the first time in months

it is flashier, its just a simple 3D FX, or Maya Rendering, that really didn't take much time, probably maya, since there is a flythrough, they could havade it perfect, I mean hell if I wanted to spend 40+ hours, I could make a perfect flythrough rendering on maya, but I simply don't have the time, I mean for an example of how basic of a rendering it is look at the interstate tower

Good point, I just would've thought that they would have put more effort into a rendering entering a magazine meant to represent CC.

well you gotta think about it this way, this magazine is a free magazine mostly paid for by the people who advertise in it paying for various spreads, so their budget is pretty limited. I mean there are a handful of subscribers not too many tho because yea, its a pretty new magazine

The Vue is not wrong because of perspective, it is wrong because they made it the correct height but made it go almost the entire block. Since it will actually only go on one quarter of that block, it made it look four times too large. If they cut both the x and y axis by half and leave the z axis as is, it would be correct. as for the low budget, I'm pretty sure that the mag didn't commission it. I think it was CCP. I'm convinced it is the same project as the one Little was involved with

okay been playing with SketchUp, feels more like it than I remember, that rendering could be sketchup.

that rendering is not sketchup or maya. it is 3D studiomax and revit. it was originally made for a real time gaming type environment. this is why there is very little attention to detail... not b/c the creators are limited. skyscraper digital, which is part of little diversified, is capable of some of the finest rendering work i've seen.

never doubted their abilities, and I had a feeling it could be 3D studio max, Doing any rendering like this is challanging enough, I've had to do 3D environments in Maya, and 3D studiomax and they aren't easy, its very tedious, I don't think anyone ever doubted anyones abilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new from our UrbanPlanet artists? I love looking at these every time I log on. Just gets me excited to know what this city is going to look like if all goes as planned. I really hope that the WB is similar in design to the one Ryepow made in his nightscape.

• 1 month later...

Archived