East Joyce Developments in Fayetteville

Mith242

Anyone ever hear if Liberty Bank is still going to build a branch there at the corner of Joyce and Vantage? I don't think they got their direct access off Joyce and may have decided against building there. The sign for it is gone but I haven't seen a for sale sign for the land.

If I remember right Bank of the Ozarks and Arvest were going to build branches on the southside of Joyce. I saw in the NWABJ that Arvest was going to make their's a "green" building but never have heard any else about BOA's project.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone ever hear if Liberty Bank is still going to build a branch there at the corner of Joyce and Vantage? I don't think they got their direct access off Joyce and may have decided against building there. The sign for it is gone but I haven't seen a for sale sign for the land.

If I remember right Bank of the Ozarks and Arvest were going to build branches on the southside of Joyce. I saw in the NWABJ that Arvest was going to make their's a "green" building but never have heard any else about BOA's project.

I have not heard if Liberty has pulled out of there or not. I think that it is a great location for a bank. They only have one location in Fayetteville way out on 6th street. Arvest is going to be building a new "green" bank across the street from the proposed Liberty bank location.

I have not heard if Liberty has pulled out of there or not. I think that it is a great location for a bank. They only have one location in Fayetteville way out on 6th street. Arvest is going to be building a new "green" bank across the street from the proposed Liberty bank location.

Have heard they have an offer to sell, not sure who made the offer, and will be making a decision by Feb

Have heard they have an offer to sell, not sure who made the offer, and will be making a decision by Feb

Yes, thanks for the info. The access off Joyce will be an issue for whoever develops it. I imagine that if Barber wasn't having so much trouble he would snap it up to add to Bellafont, but seeing how Bellafont is stagnant again I don't see that happening.

Yes, thanks for the info. The access off Joyce will be an issue for whoever develops it. I imagine that if Barber wasn't having so much trouble he would snap it up to add to Bellafont, but seeing how Bellafont is stagnant again I don't see that happening.

Yeah I wonder if they'll even totally complete all of Bellafont or not.

• 2 months later...

Another large development may be coming to Joyce Blvd soon. This is actually on west Joyce on the Johnson/Fayetteville city line. I believe it is just west of Buffalo Wild Wings. It will be called The Steps at Joyce and will be using a TIF for financing. The entire project contains around 25 acres and will be built in phases as the market allows. The development will include Luxury homes, condos, apartments, upscale dining, commercial, and office space. The project will be upscale but pedestrian friendly with great views of Fayetteville. It will have nearly 500,000 sq ft of commercial/office space and around 700 residences. Sounds like another great project but Paradigm Development still has not gotten much work done on Park West. I was really looking forward to that development. They do have a newly designed website but it is not very informative.

Paradigm Development

I will go ahead and put this here, but we might start a new thread if the prject starts moving forward.

Another large development may be coming to Joyce Blvd soon. This is actually on west Joyce on the Johnson/Fayetteville city line. I believe it is just west of Buffalo Wild Wings. It will be called The Steps at Joyce and will be using a TIF for financing. The entire project contains around 25 acres and will be built in phases as the market allows. The development will include Luxury homes, condos, apartments, upscale dining, commercial, and office space. The project will be upscale but pedestrian friendly with great views of Fayetteville. It will have nearly 500,000 sq ft of commercial/office space and around 700 residences. Sounds like another great project but Paradigm Development still has not gotten much work done on Park West. I was really looking forward to that development. They do have a newly designed website but it is not very informative.

Paradigm Development

I will go ahead and put this here, but we might start a new thread if the project starts moving forward.

Thanks for the news Colby. But yeah it does make you wonder. We keep seeing all these developments not progressing or put on hold, but then the developments start these new projects. We had a topic for a part of that west Joyce area. Maybe I need to find that topic and rename it so that it encompasses all of west Joyce. Unless you think this project warrants it's own topic.

Thanks for the news Colby. But yeah it does make you wonder. We keep seeing all these developments not progressing or put on hold, but then the developments start these new projects. We had a topic for a part of that west Joyce area. Maybe I need to find that topic and rename it so that it encompasses all of west Joyce. Unless you think this project warrants it's own topic.

We can repost it in the west Joyce topic for sure, but I don't think that it needs it own quite yet. This could be just like many of the other projects that don't go anywhere. So, I think we should just sit on it until the development takes off. The start of this still could be months or even a year away, just like Park West. If it does take off then there could be plenty announcements with upscale restaurants and multistory office buildings. I guess it is just wait and see like the rest of these huge projects now days.

I'm a little surprised too at the large development plan. I don't think they could possibly be living under a rock and not know what else is going on. There must be something else to it. However, I'm sort of turning on the idea of these nice sounding large developments. I wish things could get back towards community development with the community's best interest in mine. Grid street plats without subdivisions and urban retail designed to enhance and support those plats are that which I like.

Anyways, my opinions aside I think the development of large plans these days are questionable.

I'm a little surprised too at the large development plan. I don't think they could possibly be living under a rock and not know what else is going on. There must be something else to it. However, I'm sort of turning on the idea of these nice sounding large developments. I wish things could get back towards community development with the community's best interest in mind. Grid street plats without subdivisions and urban retail designed to enhance and support those plats are that which I like.

Anyways, my opinions aside I think the development of large plans these days are questionable.

Yeah I can certainly see where you're coming from. It also makes you wonder about these grandiose developments well ever truly be totally finished or simply started and then the rest abandoned. Just seems like the larger they are the harder it is for them to come to total fruition.

• 2 weeks later...

In an article about the future of the county courthouse a county JP suggested the county buy 11 acres now available on Joyce Boulevard. When I drove by the Bellafont site Saturday morning I saw workers loading up some of the Barber Development signs. Anybody know if there is any connection?

The idea of locating a new county courthouse in north Fayetteville is interesting and as the JP said that location is between the two largest cities in Washington County but it just doesn't seem a wise choice. Since Fayetteville is the county seat and the present location is a little more centrally located in the county plus the fact that the existing building is already in the county's hands it would be better to keep it. Washington County and the city of Fayetteville would be better served by finding the best way to expand county facilites in the downtown area.

NWA Times article

In an article about the future of the county courthouse a county JP suggested the county buy 11 acres now available on Joyce Boulevard. When I drove by the Bellafont site Saturday morning I saw workers loading up some of the Barber Development signs. Anybody know if there is any connection?

The idea of locating a new county courthouse in north Fayetteville is interesting and as the JP said that location is between the two largest cities in Washington County but it just doesn't seem a wise choice. Since Fayetteville is the county seat and the present location is a little more centrally located in the county plus the fact that the existing building is already in the county's hands it would be better to keep it. Washington County and the city of Fayetteville would be better served by finding the best way to expand county facilites in the downtown area.

NWA Times article

I haven't heard anything about Bellafont recently, just about The Legacy. Makes you wonder though if something just happened though. But anyway I certainly agree with you about keeping some things downtown. It's sounding more and more like they'll end up putting the Police Dept in the old Mexican Original Bldg as well. So much for Fayetteville not wanting sprawl. Seems like all the services I associate with downtown are being pushed out.

I haven't heard anything about Bellafont recently, just about The Legacy. Makes you wonder though if something just happened though. But anyway I certainly agree with you about keeping some things downtown. It's sounding more and more like they'll end up putting the Police Dept in the old Mexican Original Bldg as well. So much for Fayetteville not wanting sprawl. Seems like all the services I associate with downtown are being pushed out.

Bellafont would most easily be converted into a skate park at this point.

Perhaps some paintball on select weekends.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what exactly is being built by the Lindsey building? It's set back off of Joyce, on the left hand side as you drive towards Old Missouri road, but I'm not sure of the name of the side street it's on. It looks like some kind of one story strip-mall type thing (evidently we don't have enough of those yet :rolleyes: ) but I couldn't make out a sign. I was just amazed I hadn't noticed it before. The yellow sheeting they had on it is the only reason I noticed it yesterday.

Does anyone know what exactly is being built by the Lindsey building? It's set back off of Joyce, on the left hand side as you drive towards Old Missouri road, but I'm not sure of the name of the side street it's on. It looks like some kind of one story strip-mall type thing (evidently we don't have enough of those yet :rolleyes: ) but I couldn't make out a sign. I was just amazed I hadn't noticed it before. The yellow sheeting they had on it is the only reason I noticed it yesterday.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think Harold Crye bought some property last year just north and east of the new Lindsey building. He's planning to build a strip center -- half of which will house a Crye-Leike realty office & the other half will be for rent.

I've seen workers out at Bellafont over the last few days. Also noticed Flake and Kelly signs have now replaces all the Barber signs.

Yeah, I noticed a little activity there last week, and then again today there are even more workers out there. Some were working on the partially finished buildings and others seems to be working on some of the foundations that are in place. Hopefully something will eventually get going soon.

I've seen workers out at Bellafont over the last few days. Also noticed Flake and Kelly signs have now replaces all the Barber signs.

I noticed that as well, and I was glad. Thanks to his questionable business sense, anything with the Barber name on it right now means that nothing will be done in the near future, if it all. Seeing those new signs go up are signs of life. I hate to be bitter towards Barber, but especially considering how many leins there are on Legacy, I have to scoff or chuckle each time I look at it at night and see the glowing "B" on the front.

• 5 months later...

Looks like the Commerce Park II Bldg will be going into foreclosure as well. I believe it's the 4 story building located near the Joyce and Old Missouri intersection.

That's the one. I can't say I'm surprised. It's a generic but attractive office building that appears to be mostly empty. Shame, it's a nice looking building in a nice enough area, but they must have wanted too high a price for the space. Israel hasn't been having the best year.

That's the one. I can't say I'm surprised. It's a generic but attractive office building that appears to be mostly empty. Shame, it's a nice looking building in a nice enough area, but they must have wanted too high a price for the space. Israel hasn't been having the best year.

Yeah I don't think there's a single developer who will say it's been a good year. But certainly some are struggling more than others.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived