WANDERING: MetroLofts

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, either way, it's always a good thing when there is at least something proposed for a vacant downtown lot. With 111 Fountain, the old Fire Station, Dunk, etc. this area is looking better and better a few years from now. 12 stories aint bad for the height lovers in here - looking forward to seeing a render too.

well, either way, it's always a good thing when there is at least something proposed for a vacant downtown lot. With 111 Fountain, the old Fire Station, Dunk, etc. this area is looking better and better a few years from now. 12 stories aint bad for the height lovers in here - looking forward to seeing a render too.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, sorry if this has already been discussed, but I was surprised and disappointed to read that if built, this would be the first LEED certified building in the state of Rhode Island. That's pretty poor. I hope this gets approved and construction can begin soon. Why do people like Kari Lang think that this type of development isn't suitable west of the highway? It's really not a single-family residential area at all. There are apartments, small businesses, and vacant lots surrounding the site. I don't see this as anything but a positive addition to the area.

Why do people like Kari Lang think that this type of development isn't suitable west of the highway? It's really not a single-family residential area at all. There are apartments, small businesses, and vacant lots surrounding the site. I don't see this as anything but a positive addition to the area.

this sounds like a perfect fit for this site. I hope the process moves forward and this gets going ASAP.

The article is somewhat confusing though on one thing - are these condos or apartments??

"...this time a 12-story, 94-apartment building with 11,100 feet of retail and health club space, and 80 parking spaces in two floors of underground parking."

"The condos would be mid-price, generally selling in the $400,000 range."

:dunno:

I have to say it sounds great to me too in most all respects... I go through that "East Broadway" area around the Service Road almost daily and there is just nothing going on there. This type of development is perfect.

As for the opposition... Sigh... :(.

- Garris

I have to say it sounds great to me too in most all respects... I go through that "East Broadway" area around the Service Road almost daily and there is just nothing going on there. This type of development is perfect.

As for the opposition... Sigh... :(.

- Garris

Archived