High Storage Free webhosting?

BlackFlag

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use http://mywebpage.netscape.com They allow you to host 20 mb of photos for free. When I run out of spcae, I just get another account.

Also, there is a thread about which places to host pics for free here, although I have not tried any of those places.

If you plan on hosting a lot of pics, you might be better off paying for space somewhere.

I use Netscape too, but I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one day and find it gone. I don't think anyone at Netscape actually knows it's there right now.

I also use the webspace that my ISP gives me. I think I have 60mb available.

Yeah, people have been having problems with netscape lately. Unfortunately I think the days of free photo hosting at netscape are numbered :(. However I uploaded pics to it yesterday & it worked just fine for me.

If anyone here knows of any free webhosting sites that allow hotlinking, add them to this thread.

Free? No, I am not aware of any. However, you can get close to free, with Pbase.com (look at my signature and visit my gallery for a sampler). They only charge $23/year, for 100MB. That's less than $2/month. So far, I have used the entire space, but I am planning to buy another 100MB :) Outside a recent move to new servers, I haven't noticed any problems with direct linking. You can try it for a month, for free, although you may not be able to link to your images from outside.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'll give photobucket a try. I saw it the other day when looking for hosts, but the maximum image upload size is 200kb, & I didn't feel like resizing 92 photos, because then I'd have to redo the copyrights on them too.

The site says that the max is 250k and it will resize photos automatically, but it may be the actual size of the photo they were referring to as I just skimmed through it.

• 4 weeks later...

I had that problem too. fortunately I have alot of space that I use on my website at downtownstadium.org. Its kinda hard getting around not paying for it. before I had my website I would try to host them on some of the free services and the photos never appear large enough on the screen because they want you to pay for their priemium services. The free services that did allow the images to appear large would never let you hyperlink.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been using free photobucket for a year now. When i first started the account could come up to 65MB with image size on 250kb. But in late october/early november they changed this. So today the account can be max 25MB, with a max image size on 250kb.

I would recomend free photobucket when it was 65MB accounts, but not today...:(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived