Encore has to wait...

it's just dave

The maps on the Bid Clerk site seem to show the location of the proposed building as being on Second Avenue at Union Street across from the new Metro Courthouse Square. Such a building would look good there. However, there has not even been a rumor of such a project.

Wow! This must be a new project, and it's absolutely huge!. Imagine, it's got more units in it than Signature Tower! That's one of the highest points along the riverbank, so there would be commanding views from the tower. Does anyone have any idea who the developer would be?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we were assured that he would get his variance at today's meeting, but it's always great to know that it's actually happened. It won't be long before Nashville will have 4 (18) eighteen or more story structures under construction at the same time: the 31 story Viridian, the 21 Story Icon, the 20 Story Encore and the 18 Story Adelicia with more to come soon. I wonder when or if that has ever happened in Nashville before.

I know we were assured that he would get his variance at today's meeting, but it's always great to know that it's actually happened. It won't be long before Nashville will have 4 (18) eighteen or more story structures under construction at the same time: the 31 story Viridian, the 21 Story Icon, the 20 Story Encore and the 18 Story Adelicia with more to come soon. I wonder when or if that has ever happened in Nashville before.

And just think about the other structures that are going up around town like the Suntrust towers and the Hampton Inn, which are already under construction. With all those cranes

up in the air It will make Nashville look quit different

I am waiting with baited breath to see what Struever has in mind for the ball park and for the Ragland Group property, not to mention Rolling Mill Hill. With all the development in Sobro, people are going to have a choice as to whether they will live in Franklin and Murfreesboro as opposed to downtown. Nashville will have the edge back because those cities will not be able to compete with the lifestyle opportunities that will exist downtown over the next few years. I have a feeling we are all going to be blown away with what is about to happen in Sobro. I really think demand will increase even more after all of the announced projects are complete or under way. They will have to go up and even if the CC gets built there is a lot of land to be developed.

Amen. I grew up in good ol' Murfreesboro, and can attest that the growth there has been immense yet uncontrolled and poorly planned. The design of the roads around Old Fort Pkwy and the mall is a complete mess and very inconvenient to navigate. And nevermind how spread out and pedestrian-unfriendly the city has become, save for the old downtown. I have nothing against all that, I just prefer not to live there.

I am waiting with baited breath to see what Struever has in mind for the ball park and for the Ragland Group property, not to mention Rolling Mill Hill. With all the development in Sobro, people are going to have a choice as to whether they will live in Franklin and Murfreesboro as opposed to downtown. Nashville will have the edge back because those cities will not be able to compete with the lifestyle opportunities that will exist downtown over the next few years.

I find it odd that they make the Encore step back on all sides except Demonbreun. Has anyone seen the redesign?

This whole thing is unbelievable. The Demonbreun side--the side which faces the Schermerhorn Symphony Center--is the side in most desperate (and obvious) need of a step back. I would have been happier if that side had been the ONLY side which was required to be stepped back. Frustrating.

I'm afraid this uninformed and inexplicable decision represents a large "step back" for Nashville's built environment. A great precedent could have been set for Civic Art and urban decorum--but instead, silliness reigns. Oh, well. I guess we can still hope that the tower will actually possess enough architectural detail to keep from looking like a deaf/mute brute looming over the Schermerhorn.

But given the amateurish resolution of the "step back" issue, it's clearly a longshot.

From the City Paper article, it sounds (no pun intended) that the Streuver Brothers, developers of the new ballpark, want to go 'tall' with the the mixed use portion of their development, also.

I remember a while back talk of them building about (4) fifteen story condo buildings as part of the project. I wonder if they're leaning towards doing something like this. Personally, I hope they have one or maybe two that high while the rest of the buildings are much lower (maybe 4 to 6 stories).

Archived