Louisiana Cuisine

Mith242

Haha, if thats what you want! I'm probably going to Washington D.C. for a week in mid-June, Houston for a few days to visit family, most likely SW Arkansas, Birmingham and Jackson, and possibly Atlanta. Not to mention the trips into New Orleans and over to Baton Rouge. I'll have plenty of photos too, you can count on that! :D

Open mouth, insert foot!? I don't believe I can compete with that... :shok:

I'll be making 3-4 trips this year but that's about it. Guess the competition is off already. :lol:

I really like the discussion over here too. I think we've done a pretty good job of creating threads that everyone on the forum can get involved in. And I'm very happy that we don't have problems with arguing over here. We all get along well it seems. :D

I'm with you on this, man. I've tried to stay out of arguments, for the most part, on this entire site. Life is full of people you're going to disagree with, so you've got to have a break from that kind of thing. This place is my break from that, and I genuinely like every single person I've encountered on here so far... and that includes the people I don't even necessarily agree with in certain political threads. For the most part, everyone here is pretty cool.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Open mouth, insert foot!? I don't believe I can compete with that... :shok:

Haha, the trips to other major cities that will most likely happen are Washington D.C., Birmingham, and Houston. Jackson will probably work out, and I'm still not sure about Atlanta.

I'm with you on this, man. I've tried to stay out of arguments, for the most part, on this entire site. Life is full of people you're going to disagree with, so you've got to have a break from that kind of thing. This place is my break from that, and I genuinely like every single person I've encountered on here so far... and that includes the people I don't even necessarily agree with in certain political threads. For the most part, everyone here is pretty cool.

Same for me, for the most part. In the 10+ months I've been here, I haven't had many problems with arguments. Most of the things even related to arguments were more like "bigger disagreements." :D

Yeah obviously not everyone is going to have the same views. But I guess sometimes there are people who feel that they need to 'convert' other people to their argument. But I prefer more constructive discussions. :D

Yea, though at UP there is much less arguing than on other urban forums like SSC and SSP. The rules are stricter and more strongly enforced here, and a few people always have trouble following them, but for the most part, everydone does a good job of trying their best to get along. :thumbsup:

Yea, though at UP there is much less arguing than on other urban forums like SSC and SSP. The rules are stricter and more strongly enforced here, and a few people always have trouble following them, but for the most part, everydone does a good job of trying their best to get along. :thumbsup:

I see lots of 'banned' people around this site, so it's obvious the rules are pretty strictly enforced. Nothing wrong with that at all, in my opinion. There is one Shreveport forum I visit, in particular, where they haven't had a moderator in at least 2 years. Needless to say, that place is one big free-for-all and I don't post there anymore... I only read some of the topics.

Sorry, didn't mean to get this so off-topic here. Someone talk about some food! :lol:

Yeah we have managed to go off on a tangent, but that happens sometimes.

Speaking of food... I'm hungry. VERY hungry. I had a "small" sandwich from Quizno's at lunch, since I'm cutting my calories, and I'm starving. Once I go work out, though, I won't feel hungry anymore and I love that. But tonight, after I work out, I will probably go over to Chili's and eat off the Guiltless Grill. Mmmm. Bit exactly 'Louisiana cuisine,' but it's good. :D

I will probably go over to Chili's and eat off the Guiltless Grill. Mmmm. Bit exactly 'Louisiana cuisine,' but it's good. :D

Mmm. Sound's good! :D

I'm probably going to have some Mexican food tonight, Chicken Quesadillas! :D

Mmm. Sound's good! :D

I'm probably going to have some Mexican food tonight, Chicken Quesadillas! :D

B@stard. Rub it in... rub it in...

At Nicky's (local Mexican chain) I like their shredded beef salad, but that thing is deadly! It's so salty from the seasonings in the meat that it swells me up like a tick. Then, on top of that, you have the mayo-based "house" dressing and the deep-fried shell that's just calling your name.

On the Guiltless Grill, though, the Guiltless Chicken Pita is awesome. Mmmmmm. Man I'm hungry.

All this "food" talk led me to a cheat tonight. Yeah, I blame you guys... because I certainly can't be held responsible for my own actions!

I called my wife right after making my last post at the office today. I said, "I don't want to work out tonight, I want to eat!" She had the same idea and was going to end up saying it had I not beat her to it. So we ended up at the Bossier location of Chef Lee Super Buffet on Benton Road. And Nate, you've seen me post about the new "Benton Road overpass," and I can now honestly say I've experienced the construction mess firsthand. YUCK!!! I will not be going that way again anytime soon. Sorry, that was off-topic, but it was somewhat relevant to the conversation since the Bossier Chef Lee location is in that area.

All this "food" talk led me to a cheat tonight. Yeah, I blame you guys... because I certainly can't be held responsible for my own actions!

I called my wife right after making my last post at the office today. I said, "I don't want to work out tonight, I want to eat!" She had the same idea and was going to end up saying it had I not beat her to it. So we ended up at the Bossier location of Chef Lee Super Buffet on Benton Road. And Nate, you've seen me post about the new "Benton Road overpass," and I can now honestly say I've experienced the construction mess firsthand. YUCK!!! I will not be going that way again anytime soon. Sorry, that was off-topic, but it was somewhat relevant to the conversation since the Bossier Chef Lee location is in that area.

Haha, sounds like you enjoyed yourself!(Sarcasm both on and off)

Believe me, walking around New Orleans when I wasn't supposed to eat something, I got those sudden urges all the time, but occasionally, you get the "screw that...I want some food!" mentality. :lol: And for me, it actually was easier to eat something and then run or something later, than it was to just settle for a salad, because the urge and craving is gone.

I got those sudden urges all the time, but occasionally, you get the "screw that...I want some food!" mentality.

I hear ya...

And for me, it actually was easier to eat something and then run or something later, than it was to just settle for a salad, because the urge and craving is gone.

Damn skippy!! Run, cross-train, or anything that burns mucho calorosos. <-- I don't speak Spanish, sorry.

You'd have to run 50 miles to burn off all of the calories you get in some food in New Orleans! ;)

No doubt... especially those danged beignets!!

Dang it, don't make me hungry again. My diet/exercise program will surely fail if I taste Chinese food one more time this weekend!

That is, unless you're talking about the salads at Nicky's, in which case... Mmmmm!! The buffalo chicken salad at Joe's Crab Shack is AWESOME! Did I say awesome? I meant absolutely AMAZING!

Oh well in that case, we're talking about salads with no meat, no dressing, no added seasonings, nothing. Just lettuce leaves, cucumbers, maybe some tomatoes, and all of it is very lightly coated in a splash of vinegar. :P

Haha, I thought that one might get you! :lol:

Yep, that did it. That's one thing my friends know best about me... if it doesn't have meat in it and it's not dessert, I don't want it. Also if it has more veggies than anything else, I don't want it. I'm man, not rabbit. God didn't give me meat-eating teeth to eat lettuce with. No way, Jose.

Archived