Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

What Louisiana college do you support most?

That would be LSU, just because they're the Louisiana powerhouse. But I follow Tech and, of course, Centenary and LSU-S as well just because they're the hometown teams. I really only watch LSU football... I tend to watch the smaller colleges more on the basketball level. And then there's Illinois... ever since I went to the first Illinois game I have been hooked. I try to catch at least 2 home games in Champaign each year. In '05 I got to catch the Border Battle or whatever they call it... the big rivalry game in St. Louis between Illinois and Mizzou. That was a pretty good game, but unfortunately since Mizzou hasn't won that game in years, the Mizzou fans are quite pissy. Speaking of, I have some pretty cool St. Louis skyline pics, as well as some cool downtown shots I took from up inside the Arch.

That would be LSU, just because they're the Louisiana powerhouse. But I follow Tech and, of course, Centenary and LSU-S as well just because they're the hometown teams. I really only watch LSU football... I tend to watch the smaller colleges more on the basketball level. And then there's Illinois... ever since I went to the first Illinois game I have been hooked. I try to catch at least 2 home games in Champaign each year. In '05 I got to catch the Border Battle or whatever they call it... the big rivalry game in St. Louis between Illinois and Mizzou. That was a pretty good game, but unfortunately since Mizzou hasn't won that game in years, the Mizzou fans are quite pissy. Speaking of, I have some pretty cool St. Louis skyline pics, as well as some cool downtown shots I took from up inside the Arch.

I'm definately an LSU man myself, but I also follow; Tulane, UNO, ULL, La Tech, and the smaller New Orleans area universities. I support the University of Arkansas as well, just not when they're playing LSU. ;)

And of course there's the University of Maryland. The Terps are definately #2 on my overall list behind LSU, and I try to go to the UMD vs Duke or North Carolina game in College Park whenever possible. :D

^Yep!

Once I took that picture and looked out to the right, that new subdivision along I-220 popped up. :D

Bossier City has quite a few water towers, of course, and they all look mostly the same... but I remembered most of your pictures were from along 220/3132.

The newer area in that picture is where it's at as far as east Bossier's growth is concerned. Getting off I-220 in that area and driving just a short distance, you can see all the new developments in that area. And I've been surprised by the fact that the growth in that area hasn't slowed down. I figured north Bossier's growth would have snuffed east Bossier out.

The newer area in that picture is where it's at as far as east Bossier's growth is concerned. Getting off I-220 in that area and driving just a short distance, you can see all the new developments in that area. And I've been surprised by the fact that the growth in that area hasn't slowed down. I figured north Bossier's growth would have snuffed east Bossier out.

One thing that I saw alot of along I-220 in Bossier was new office parks. Are these becoming popular everywhere around there as well?

They are, but they're mostly spread out. I-220 through Bossier is an exception... they seem to be doing well with clustering them.

Yea, I noticed that they seemed to be clustered together along parts of I-220 in Bossier, and they seemed to be doing quite well.

Yea, I noticed that they seemed to be clustered together along parts of I-220 in Bossier, and they seemed to be doing quite well.

The area between Benton Road and Airline Drive, where there are office buildings clustered in with the medical buildings is going to do well, no doubt. Anything along Benton Road or Airline Drive, especially near I-220, is going to do really well. That is right there where Bossier's largest pocket of growth is centered and is also right where the new 700,000 sq. ft. shopping center will be built.

Thanks NCB , Great shot off the Bridge !

I wish I had more knowledge with CAD programs . So I could take your skyline picture of BR and draw the additional major projects at their locations set to take place in 06' ! Starting with the River Place Condo Tower , then adding the other five projects as well . We could call it a vision of BR "2009" .

ex: Nashville's current skyline w/ addition of the proposed 55-story Signature Tower drawn in to the picture.

Hey Nate, is that a new pic? I've been curious to see when you go on another one of your trips. :D

No, that is still one of my old ones. I've been to busy to take a photo trip recently, but you should see quite a few over the summer, mostly from New Orleans, Baton Rouge, SW Arkansas, Houston, Atlanta, Jackson,MS and Birmingham. :D The Houston trip may only be in a few weeks too. :thumbsup:

No, that is still one of my old ones. I've been to busy to take a photo trip recently, but you should see quite a few over the summer, mostly from New Orleans, Baton Rouge, SW Arkansas, Houston, Atlanta, Jackson,MS and Birmingham. :D The Houston trip may only be in a few weeks too. :thumbsup:

I'm certainly looking forward to it. :D

Hopefully these sign's along HW 71 north of Shreveport will be replaced by the actual I-49 North soon! :D

IMG_0350.jpg

Definitely! I know you really couldn't see any of the work going on while you were on your way up to Texarkana from Shreveport, but back off the highway, miles of land are currently being cleared. You can actually see, of Hwy. 1 just north of Shreveport, where land next to the highway has been cleared to make room for I-49. The interstate will run rigth next to Hwy. 1 for a while, and then will cross over and run close to Hwy. 71 for the remainder of the stretch, since Hwy. 71 goes into Arkansas.

Definitely! I know you really couldn't see any of the work going on while you were on your way up to Texarkana from Shreveport, but back off the highway, miles of land are currently being cleared. You can actually see, of Hwy. 1 just north of Shreveport, where land next to the highway has been cleared to make room for I-49. The interstate will run rigth next to Hwy. 1 for a while, and then will cross over and run close to Hwy. 71 for the remainder of the stretch, since Hwy. 71 goes into Arkansas.

Yea, I didn't see any of that on my last trip up to Texarkana, but I will definately look around and see what's going on the next time I'm up there. :thumbsup:

Yea, I didn't see any of that on my last trip up to Texarkana, but I will definately look around and see what's going on the next time I'm up there. :thumbsup:

I made that trip last night, and while you can't see any of the construction near Hwy 71 (it's quite a distance off the road,) I did notice road crews are in the process of resurfacing Hwy. 71 from north Shreveport to about Gilliam, where the nicer surface begins.