Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Wow great shot with the Fleur-de-Lis Nate!

Thanks! I was standing at that fence along Poydras @ Carondelet and just thought it would make an interesting shot. For anyone who's curious, that is the Hibernia Bank Tower completely unfocused behind the Fleur-de-Lis. I had to give up some focus on the FDL itself in order to at least get the shape of the tower in the background.

Nice photo's yall!

You do a fine job representing SBC Brian. I don't like the condensed version as much either.

I like La's old Tallest Bldg before the State Capitol came along. I remember Nate's little history lesson. They don't make tops of buildings like that anymore.

The Fluer-de-lis! How appropriate!

Nate did you start making your pics smaller so that UP would shrink them? I've been questioning whether to do that as well since UP's shrinking doesn't tend to look very well.

Nah, not really. I was just looking through my pictures on Flickr, and didn't go to the larger sizes not on the front page of the photo. So all of the photos I just posted were just the "medium" size on Flickr.

My turn... :)

New parking garage being constructed at the corner of E. Milam & Clyde Fant Parkway in downtown Shreveport, across from Barnwell Center. A couple blocks to the south yet another parking garage is proposed and will likely be constructed soon. These projects are long-overdue in downtown Shreveport, and will help to get rid of some of the surface parking lots that plague the city's core.

366573171_a40b83dd2c_b.jpg

Thanks, Dan! Where exactly was a Marriot of that size planned in Baton Rouge? And when exactly? I'm just curious as I don't believe I've ever heard of a plan like that.

I while back somebody who was related to one of the developers of Citiplace/Corporate Square wanted to make the Marriott(then a Hilton) the tallest building in Baton Rouge, but some of the big dogs of the project didn't want any buildings to be taller than the now Chase Towers and in effect as scaled down.

Edited by dan326

Nate, that Marriott is awesome. I love it in photos AND in person. That's the true definition of a "tower."

Now for your dose of "yankee" flavor for tonight... ;)

Here are a few I took this evening in downtown Shreveport. Each of these has had Photoshop editing to SOME extent:

367646967_0bdd232e8e.jpg

367646965_269c218dd2.jpg

367642017_ad7fb6ee31.jpg

367646961_bbb10141e0.jpg

367646963_1e6ae586e1.jpg

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Very nice Brian. Classic urban. I really like the gritty look with the stairs along the side. And I like the Strand Theatre.

Thanks, Richy Rich! :)

I >LOVE< buildings with old fire escapes, so I actually had fun wandering the downtown alleys this evening. There were still people leaving their offices so downtown was very vibrant while I was down there, which made me feel much safer than being down there... well, like right now (10:30 pm).