Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Rod, I looked through my folders and no, I don't seem to have any other decent pictures of these buildings. They are all shops, and the buildings were probably built in the mid 1800's. Next time I'm on Canal with my camera, I'll be sure to snap a few more pictures of these buildings, as well as those that surround them. :thumbsup:

Edit* I did find this picture, one of my older ones, which includes the buildings you are interested in on the left hand side of the picture:

img3451border9.jpg

Thanks I recognize them over there. :D

A few "aerials" of New Orleans:

Downtown

Canal Street

French Quarter

And I'll throw this picture of the Crescent City Connection into the mix because I just really like it for some reason, and I've never posted it.

Look for more New Orleans pictures tonight guys, just because I'm in the mood for posting some of my "never before seen" New Orleans pictures tonight. :D

Nice looking pics Nate. :D

Seeing Rod's pictures over in the Southern Photos of the Day thread made me want to post some of my crowd pictures from the LSU game last week.

Around 150,000 people head onto LSU's campus for every home game to tailgate; these pictures were taken at the Tiger Walk, where the LSU Tiger football team walks down Stadium Drive to a crowd that seems like it never ends.

IMG_7427.jpg

IMG_7428.jpg

IMG_7434.jpg

IMG_7435.jpg

Thanks for the compliments yall, I appreciate them.

Nice shot Richy. Can you tell us a little on what we're looking at?

My bad ! From L-R, starting with the ball-shaped top is the Planetarium; Hilton Capitol Center; State Capitol; One American Place(dark)24-stories; Shaw Center for the Arts; Old State Capitol; old-half of the RiverCenter; the American Flags and warplane are part of the Louisiana Memorial Plaza. The USS KIDD is just-off the pic to the left .

^Nice shots Nate. I commented on them in Southern Photos of the Day. Did you enjoy your trip to BR and Tiger Stadium ??

Edited by richyb83

I commented on these impressive shots in Southern Photo's of the Day. The urban canyons and density are hard to beat. I had no idea Royal Street turned into St.Charles when crossing Canal Street. I know it's nothing new to the NOLA natives but being from BR did not pay close enough attention. Nate you have some impressive shots in the Big Easy.

OK, not to be weird....that tiger stadium shot reminds me of something. Maybe it is an LSU thing or a Baton Rouge thing...but the girls in this town are very good looking. I spend a lot of time in Houston and Tampa and they just don't compare.

Anyone else notice that? Must be something in the water.

Edited by tallbored

OK, not to be weird....that tiger stadium shot reminds me of something. Maybe it is an LSU thing or a Baton Rouge thing...but the girls in this town are very good looking. I spend a lot of time in Houston and Tampa and they just don't compare.

Anyone else notice that? Must be something in the water.

Probably because it's a college town. I heard the same type of comments in my city as well which is a college town also.

Here's what is probably my favorite personal nightshot, and the best part is, I didn't even have a tripod! ;) I just used the wall along the west deck staircase at Tiger Stadaium, and I was able to get a pretty clear shot of Alex Box Stadium and some of the surrounding area. :D

IMG_7597.jpg

And after a few minor edits on PhotoStudio, I came up with this:

IMG_7597fineart.jpg