240 Ionia - New Development

GRDadof3

Prankster, with that being said is Lott3-Metz still designing this new project?

Joe

The first rendering was for a condo project that they were looking at building on that lot a few years ago. It went dead when financing/tax breaks didn't work out. The second rendering was from a proposal for the same lot, but this time with 2 stories of condos on top of retail. They actually had the retail section almost fully committed with a bookstore for WMU, but that deal also fell thru. This latest proposal shouldn't look like either of those renderings.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that I seem to be noticing is that projects are beginning to have underground parking as opposed to ramps. Maybe land values are getting so high that the value of placing just a parking ramp on site is just not worth doing so. Maybe the age of ramps in GR will be over :)

Good point. Im wondering if some of these plans have gone past the design table? That low area below the Division St/MLK corridor is notorious for H2O problems below grade. I dont think it takes much of a downpour to back up the storm sewer in that streach of Ionia. I think I remember being in the Black Rose when their basement got wet after a thunderstorm last summer. Not so sure underground parking is viable.

^Nice :P

OK, we need a volunteer or two to go to the Commission meeting on Tuesday and find out more about these developers (F&D LLC) and see who the architect is. Who's goin? Also, see if there are other drawings of Tall House, and report back. ;)

Wasnt there a parking garage w/ground floor retail/Rockford Construction project proposed in that

area not long ago??

Prankster, with that being said is Lott3-Metz still designing this new project?

Joe

Not sure, it would depend on who the owner is. If it is still the gentleman that owned Purple East, then I would say yes. He was the original owner of this lot, and wanted to build something there that would compliment his Purple East building.

This projcet should be on the public agenda for Jan 13. I would assume they would bring elevations and answers to the meeting. I will be nice to see something nice there instead of weeds. As far as "does the owner of purple east still own the parcel" no I believe not. I'm not so sure he still ownes purple east. :D

This projcet should be on the public agenda for Jan 13. I would assume they would bring elevations and answers to the meeting. I will be nice to see something nice there instead of weeds. As far as "does the owner of purple east still own the parcel" no I believe not. I'm not so sure he still ownes purple east. :D

No, he doesn't own Purple East anymore. I believe he sold his interest to his store manager. As a side note, back in the early 90's, he wanted to build a Hooters at that location. That would have been an interesting addition to the downtown dining scene. :thumbsup:

No, he doesn't own Purple East anymore. I believe he sold his interest to his store manager. As a side note, back in the early 90's, he wanted to build a Hooters at that location. That would have been an interesting addition to the downtown dining scene. :thumbsup:

You're right Prankster, and I just talked to a friend of Nissar's (Purple East's old owner) yesterday, and he sold this lot at 240 about the same time too. I don't know who owns 240 now.

You're right Prankster, and I just talked to a friend of Nissar's (Purple East's old owner) yesterday, and he sold this lot at 240 about the same time too. I don't know who owns 240 now.

48 Williams SW/240 Ionia SW sold in 1999 for $120,000 and again on June 30, 2005 by Mulla Nisar to Fulton and Division LLC (Taxes sent to a Todd Radashaw of Alto) for $450,000.

48 Williams SW/240 Ionia SW sold in 1999 for $120,000 and again on June 30, 2005 by Mulla Nisar to Fulton and Division LLC (Taxes sent to a Todd Radashaw of Alto) for $450,000.

Nice work twoshort. His first name is Nisar (Nisar Mulla). The article about the hotel mentions a Brad Radashaw of Fulton & Division LLC. Someone here has to know more about the developer :whistling:

Nice work twoshort. His first name is Nisar (Nisar Mulla). The article about the hotel mentions a Brad Radashaw of Fulton & Division LLC. Someone here has to know more about the developer :whistling:

Todd Radashaw works for URS Corporation (A design firm) I beleive.

I'm basing that on information from this link: http://www.twp.gaines.mi.us/agenda_minutes..._min0623051.htm

• 5 weeks later...

Good catch Gary. I missed that. The one objection I can hear already is Mel Trotter next door and that lot they are using on Ionia for vehicle parking.

I think I would buy a condo there, but I don't think I'm the average consumer. I'm in that area often, and I've never had an issue with the bums. Plus the Globe is right there as well. So, what does everyone else think? Can we do a poll on this topic?

I think I would buy a condo there, but I don't think I'm the average consumer. I'm in that area often, and I've never had an issue with the bums. Plus the Globe is right there as well. So, what does everyone else think? Can we do a poll on this topic?

What is the poll about, "Would you live next door to the missions?"

Maybe "Would you buy a condominium in the Heartside District?" That way it would include 45 Ionia too and any other future residential proposals.

Not living there myself, I don't know, but it's good to get impression of people who live at the Globe :thumbsup:

Maybe "Would you buy a condominium in the Heartside District?" That way it would include 45 Ionia too and any other future residential proposals.

Not living there myself, I don't know, but it's good to get impression of people who live at the Globe :thumbsup:

I know there's at least one member here who lives there. I haven't seen him on in ages. I plan on moving in in May and I can say that the missions are a bit of a concern having never really hung out on that particular block after dark, but I'm hoping its not an issue after we move in. Its certainly not an issue down by EQ3, etc.

What is the poll about, "Would you live next door to the missions?"

I take it you're a no :P

How about: what is the max price you'd pay to for a condo in the neighborhood? Union Square level $150-$180 $/squarefoot, Riverhouse level $180-$210, Icon on Bond level $210-$250, or choose to not live there at all.

Archived