Ferry Street East

Wordsmith

I took an exorbitantly long walk this morning when I found out that my early class was cancelled and went from Ferry Street E. all the way past St. Aubin's School, around a little of that polish area (boy that place was essentially silent except for one man working on his porch and some, I assume, suburbanites going to Mass), past the edge of Eastern Market, the Pepsi Destribution Center, the edge of Brush Park, and back up Woodward. It only took me about two hours and it was interesting but I was pretty tired by the time I got to the Science Bld. I was generally surprised, and happy to find that the Centurion project was finally getting off the ground, or should I say into the ground? It looks like the workers were starting to put the foundation in. It does seem strange however that they would wait all the way until near-winter to begin though. I can't wait until I can find good, occupied housing on all four corners of that intersection, then walk down the street to the Park Shelton, and around whatever else is planned for midtown. I do wish however that the area past the Ford Fwy. would get more attention.

WS

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they were prepping the site for Centurion a couple of weeks ago when I was around there. They do construction work all year around these days. The ground is nowhere near freezing right now anyway. Work does slow considerably in the colder months though.

Yeah, they were prepping the site for Centurion a couple of weeks ago when I was around there. They do construction work all year around these days. The ground is nowhere near freezing right now anyway. Work does slow considerably in the colder months though.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the Centurion project?

I really hope it sets a nice standard that will up the trend in new construction in this part of town. I HATE those St. Aubin apartment/townhomes just east of this area...or is it called Palmer Court, or something to that effect. Even the new townhouses along Palmer aren't that great.

I was sad to have passed by the remains of those two beautiful old mansions that were nearly demolished today.

I agree. Those Art Center townhouses are ugly as hell. They might as well have built them in Canton TWP. These look like they are great. Do you know how far they are set back? From the pictures, they look like they are set right on the sidewalk, but you can never tell with renderings...

From what I can gather walking by they will be a reasonable distance from the street, with at least some grass in front. But they have an entire empty lot to work with, I'm getting excited just thinking about how great that little area will look when these are done. They are also building some on the lot a few blocks over near CCS.

WS

Archived