Richmond in Pictures II

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to get to the next page so that this page isn't totally full of pics and takes forever to load up... but just in case it does, great pics tommy! I'm sure burt will enjoy them when he comes back...

It was such a nice day yesterday, good to hear you were enjoying it! Ive been on a picture high lately and well, it's fun :D Youre right, Burt has tons of pictures to look at when he comes back :yahoo:

I think I might go there every weekend or maybe every other weekend.

I could see the tons of people at Belle Isle from Hollywood Cemetery yesterday... and I joined them about 6:45-8:30. it was such a good day today I thought about going... but I locked the keys in the car when i got home today... and my aunt was rushing to work... so... I'm stuck until my mother gets off work.

But there were tons of dogs! I watched one almost get swept away. And why does everyone have to have a pitbull?

Also about the south side of the island... I've been meaning to write about this. I think the log jam is a problem. Ten years ago water ran through the southern side much more than it does now and the logs are creating new land, so much so, Belle Isle is already basically a peninsula. We need a good flood or dynamite to get rid of some of the logs, at least to open the river back up. It's not supposed to be a trickle going through there.

Oh and nice pics... I think my pics are becoming too blurry for my liking. Oh and Tommy, I think you set the time on your camera wrong... but I guess you were there about 11AM.

testing...

1,2,3 testing...

We trying to get to the next page? :D

Great pics btw T. You guys have been pretty busy documenting Richmond life this Spring.

Agreed on the dogs Cadeho. I bike through there pretty often and 75% of the dogs seem to be pitbulls. I think it's a compensation thing... :whistling:

First some pics from the City Hall Observation deck from last week...

More to come!

Great start coupe! How does one get to the observation deck? Is it as simple as getting in the elevator and going to the top floor? I'd really like to check it out sometime.

haha finally made it to the next page! now for some more pics:

Vistas

Richmond5-21-2006014.jpg

I love this shot.. all the buildings at different angles

Richmond5-21-2006015.jpg

new furniture store in the Slip

Richmond5-21-2006016.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006017.jpg

Soon to become "Cathedral Walk"

Richmond5-21-2006018.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006019.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006020.jpg

This mural rocks

Richmond5-21-2006021.jpg

Farmer's Market

Richmond5-21-2006022.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006023.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006024.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006025.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006026.jpg

'None-such City'

Richmond5-21-2006027.jpg

Julep's

Richmond5-21-2006028.jpg

some condos and lofts in the bottom

Richmond5-21-2006029.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006030.jpg

Final part coming soon :thumbsup:

final section... hope yall enjoy :thumbsup:

Richmond5-21-2006031.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006032.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006033.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006034.jpg

can't wait for this to shine again!

Richmond5-21-2006035.jpg

I hope the state doesn't tear this down... those $#&@*%&

Richmond5-21-2006036.jpg

Virginia Court of Appeals

Richmond5-21-2006037.jpg

Main St... closed off for filming of Evan Almighty

Richmond5-21-2006038.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006039.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006040.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006041.jpg

sign's on!

Richmond5-21-2006042.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006043.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006044.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006045.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006046.jpg

Richmond5-21-2006047.jpg

and last but not least... this was on one of the back doors of the carpenter's center... it seems like shows that came through town painted their names on the wall... anyone heard of this? I thought it was cool to see.

Richmond5-21-2006048.jpg

done!

Thanks for the great pics wrldcoupe! The Federal Courthouse is really moving along as is the Phillip Morris Research Center. What are the completion dates for those?

The Spaghetti Works lot has been fenced since May 1 but they haven't broken ground yet. Wonder what's taking so long? I'm soooo looking forward to seeing the finished product. I really think it's going to enhance the nightlife experience in Shockoe Bottom and Slip.

I'm glad you guys are documenting all this stuff. Richmond is going to look VERY different a few years down the road. Heck it looks a lot different now compared to a few years back. Things are changing fast!

Welcome back Burt!

Nice C... I can't do the observation deck now that I work the same hours its open. It was to be the last thing I did downtown.

I love the angles too along Virginia St. I have too many pics of it. My favorite view coming into downtown is up 14th for the same reason. However now my old favorite view of downtown is my second favorite. Seeing the city from Commerce east of Maury or Gordon is spectacular! The view from I 95 north is still great but Commerce beats it by a smidge. That area needs sprucing up too.

And whenever they decide to pay me again and when I save up again (I'm scraping bottom again), I need to go pricing for another camera. Those pics are brilliant!

Awesome shots Coupe! :thumbsup: Such composition! I love that "lady" out in front of La Diff :rofl:

Hiya Burban, and thanks for all of your excellent pictures, including those on another topic of RIC at midnight.

The "lady" belongs to my friend Helen Levinson's White Canvas Gallery in the building next to La Diff. Check out her gallery next time you're in the area and tell her Burt sent you.

Hiya Burban, and thanks for all of your excellent pictures, including those on another topic of RIC at midnight.

The "lady" belongs to my friend Helen Levinson's White Canvas Gallery in the building next to La Diff. Check out her gallery next time you're in the area and tell her Burt sent you.

Thanks Burt, Ill be sure to check out her gallery the next time Im down there :thumbsup: Good to have you back Uncle Burt :D

Good to be back, Cam!

B - back but close to the bed still.

U - unable to post yet as in the past.

R - resolved to get back in the thick of it.

T - tracking all the info on UP.

That's a great acronym, burt! I like your can-do attitude. :thumbsup:

I've thoroughly enjoyed the pictures so far. Richmond simply exudes character and charm--I like that!

I certainly agree with you krazeeboi. It's a fascinating little/big city, and even when you want to hate it you can't! You can spend hours checking out all of Wrldcoupe4's, Cadeho's, Tburban's and other contributors' fotos.

Welcome, and visit often. Also check out Hampton Roads and Roanoke. :)

Archived