Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

:lol: :lol:

What are you saying, I'm too obsessive!?!?

Believe me, my wife tells me that all the time...

Haha, hey don't worry about it man! I'm a member at UP, SSC, SSP, HAIF, HR(local New Orleans business/development forum) and 3 different sports forums. :lol: But I'm by far most active here at UP, it's definately my favorite forum out of anything I have even seen.

Haha, hey don't worry about it man! I'm a member at UP, SSC, SSP, HAIF, HR(local New Orleans business/development forum) and 3 different sports forums. :lol: But I'm by far most active here at UP, it's definately my favorite forum out of anything I have even seen.

Hey NCB!! I post at SSC and HAIF sometimes. How are you?

No doubt in my mind, man. In the same time that Bossier City has gained nearly 7,000 people, Lake Charles has gained 300 people. Huge differences. I give it another 10 years... 15 tops.

Anyway, I'm doing great man. How's the job search coming? If you still need me to keep my eyes open, I'll gladly do so.

I got my old job back but, I'm still looking for the job I want. I'm not giving up. I've come too far and studied too hard to do that.

Hey NCB!! I post at SSC and HAIF sometimes. How are you?

I got my old job back but, I'm still looking for the job I want. I'm not giving up. I've come too far and studied too hard to do that.

Hey man! I'm doing great! How about you?

And keep looking for the right job, good things come to those who wait, and if you strive to achieve, you will achieve! :thumbsup: Best of luck man!

According to today's Shreveport Times (as if we didn't already know,) Benton is booming. The town's population grew by 42% between 2000 and 2004, and with these new people come many changes, such as new businesses, infrastructure strain, and the rapid loss of Benton's rural feel. It's quickly changing from a rural setting to a suburban one, with new rooftops as far as the eye can see. The average commute time for Benton residents is also 24 minutes, according to the following source.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...00333/1002/NEWS

According to today's Shreveport Times (as if we didn't already know,) Benton is booming. The town's population grew by 42% between 2000 and 2004, and with these new people come many changes, such as new businesses, infrastructure strain, and the rapid loss of Benton's rural feel. It's quickly changing from a rural setting to a suburban one, with new rooftops as far as the eye can see. The average commute time for Benton residents is also 24 minutes, according to the following source.

I've never been to Benton, but it sounds like a nice town. When do you guys think the development along Airline Drive from Bossier will connect with that of Benton? Brian, do you have any photos of the town? Is there any sort of historic downtown area?

I've never been to Benton, but it sounds like a nice town. When do you guys think the development along Airline Drive from Bossier will connect with that of Benton? Brian, do you have any photos of the town? Is there any sort of historic downtown area?

Benton and Bossier City virtually touch now. Driving out Airline Drive, north of I-220, you're in Benton before you realize it. The only thing that lets you know you're going from Bossier to Benton are the signs. You really just wouldn't be able to tell if it weren't for the signs. It's like one city now that just runs together.

And no, I don't have any photos of Benton. The downtown is really old, but it's no different from any other small town... tiny police station and city hall, but the courthouse is very large as Benton is the Parish Seat for Bossier Parish (surprisingly.)

Maybe I'll head out that way again soon and take some photos, for instance of the newly-renovated courthouse. I'm out that way fairly often because some houses I've been working on are being built out there.

Hey man! I'm doing great! How about you?

And keep looking for the right job, good things come to those who wait, and if you strive to achieve, you will achieve! :thumbsup: Best of luck man!

[/quote

Thanks man! I'm doing well at the moment just getting ready to head off to work. You have a good day!

Wow! That growth is just crazy! Are a lot of these new residents new to the area or just leaving SBC? Also since the two cities are close together 24 minutes is quite a commute. The traffic must be horrible!

Wow, that's very impressive! I've never been to Benton either, but like to check it out and see what's going on. It will be much easier to discuss growth in SBC with you guys once I've been everywhere and seen everything first hand.

Using my just awesome math skills ;), Benton grew by more than 850 people from 2000-2004, and if that growth continued at a similar pace over the last two years, it has grown by around 1,200 people since 2000, which is more than half of it's 2000 census population! :good:

Wow, that's very impressive! I've never been to Benton either, but like to check it out and see what's going on. It will be much easier to discuss growth in SBC with you guys once I've been everywhere and seen everything first hand.

Using my just awesome math skills ;), Benton grew by more than 850 people from 2000-2004, and if that growth continued at a similar pace over the last two years, it has grown by around 1,200 people since 2000, which is more than half of it's 2000 census population! :good:

That's crazy growth!

Yep. Benton is now about the same as Haughton in population.. maybe even surpassed it.

Nate, you math-wiz, you!! :D Great analysis. I can foresee Benton's growth continuing at or beyond its current pace from here on out, since more than 75% (my own estimate) of the new growth in Bossier is focused on that area.

Nate, you math-wiz, you!! :D Great analysis. I can foresee Benton's growth continuing at or beyond its current pace from here on out, since more than 75% (my own estimate) of the new growth in Bossier is focused on that area.

That's great, I love hearing about all of the growth in that area of the state. If Benton keeps growing just at the current pace, it could easily have around 4,500 residents in the 2010 census. :thumbsup:

That's great, I love hearing about all of the growth in that area of the state. If Benton keeps growing just at the current pace, it could easily have around 4,500 residents in the 2010 census. :thumbsup:

Hey man! What is your screen name on SSC? Are you familiar with another poster there named Sean in NO or something like that.

Hey man! What is your screen name on SSC? Are you familiar with another poster there named Sean in NO or something like that.

I'm "Nate871"(corny I know) over on SSC. And yep I'm familiar with Sean in New Orleans. He seems to get into arguements with some hell bent San Antonio fomumers angry about something (Saints? :whistling:) sometimes, but all of the info and data he posts is factual, and he's always ahead on posting development news. He's registered here at UP, SSP, and HAIF as "alon504."

I'm "Nate871"(corny I know) over on SSC. And yep I'm familiar with Sean in New Orleans. He seems to get into arguements with some hell bent San Antonio fomumers angry about something (Saints? :whistling:) sometimes, but all of the info and data he posts is factual, and he's always ahead on posting development news. He's registered here at UP, SSP, and HAIF as "alon504."

Yep, Sean in New Orleans makes the rounds like the rest of us... and he is a wealth of information.

Yep, Sean in New Orleans makes the rounds like the rest of us... and he is a wealth of information.

You bet, he provides us with all kinds of great development and non-development news coming out of New Orleans.

You may have seen me. I have the same screen name there as I do here. Those versus threads are ridiculous aren't they? I remember the Dallas vs. Atlanta thread was a complete mess. Anyway, now that I know your sn over there, I'll be sure to post to you there. Also have you been to Dallas Metropolis?

You may have seen me. I have the same screen name there as I do here. Those versus threads are ridiculous aren't they? I remember the Dallas vs. Atlanta thread was a complete mess. Anyway, now that I know your sn over there, I'll be sure to post to you there. Also have you been to Dallas Metropolis?

Yep I've seen you over there as "bigboyz2004" in a few different threads. And yea the versus threads are rediculous and just never ending. The moderation there is almost non-existent, and trolls are everywhere that just ruin the forum-going experience. UP is my haven. :D

And I'm actually not a member at Dallas Metropolis. The first forum anyone has named that I'm not a member of. But I do read over it every so often.

A new upscale 122-acre riverfront residential development is slated for North Bossier. Also the article touches on other riverfront development possibilities on both sides of the river:

Local riverfront subdivision on way to reality

Thanks for posting this, Stephen! I've been to the River Bluff site many times and spoken to the realtors about it. I'm very well acquainted with one of the realtors. This site is on the fringe of north Bossier City where it meets Benton. The only problem I have with it is that the views stink. :( From one angle you can even make out the Shreveport skyline but it barely protrudes above the trees way out there. Maybe during the Fall and Winter months you could have a skyline view.

Regardless, I hope this project is a huge success and that this type of development catches on in the area. The Red River is a beautiful natural resource, and many people would love to live on it. As a matter of fact, one of the realtors I was speaking with said the developer was allowing 8 MONTHS to sell the first section, but all the lots sold in 6 WEEKS. He had to hurry to get going on the second phase of lots just to keep the momentum going.

EDIT: Wow, a blast from the past! I actually know the guy in the photo cutting the lumber! I went to school with him for a couple of years when he'd temporarily moved to Bossier City from the rural north Bossier Parish area. Wow, small world.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

EDIT: Wow, a blast from the past! I actually know the guy in the photo cutting the lumber! I went to school with him for a couple of years when he'd temporarily moved to Bossier City from the rural north Bossier Parish area. Wow, small world.

Another school-mate you've found on the internet? :lol: