Where in Greenville?

RestedTraveler

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew someone would recognize it! That is correct, btoy! :D

Everyone see it in this shot?

RocksandRopes_01.jpg

Anybody know if this was original to the building or added? I must say the stance of the creature certainly fits with Rocks and Ropes.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Westin Poinsett in the background, but I haven't figured out the rest yet. This is a good one, distortedlogic! :thumbsup:

Edit: Looks like a bridge perhaps in the foreground? Possibly someone shooting fireworks from the construction site of McBee Station?

If that's the flag at the stage where the GSO was, that's an interesting angle, indeed. :unsure:
I think this is close enough. Your prize is a Drive program from the series with the Lexington Legend! The flag is the one that drapes in front of City Hall -- which is where a blues band was playing at the time. (Not sure where the GSO was set up for the fireworks.) And Skyliner was correct about the Westin Poinsett being in the background. I was standing on the elevated plaza about the parking deck looking north, up Main Street. I took about 12 shots trying to get this effect just right.

I'm afraid Skyliner wins my prize then, because I was about a block off. :lol:

The GSO was set up on the stage at the Dow Brands Amphitheatre behind the Peace Center.

Did anybody notice that WYFF has taken our little game here to a whole new level with their "Where is Sky 4?"

I'm afraid Skyliner wins my prize then, because I was about a block off. :lol:

The GSO was set up on the stage at the Dow Brands Amphitheatre behind the Peace Center.

Did anybody notice that WYFF has taken our little game here to a whole new level with their "Where is Sky 4?"

I saw that last night. Nice job of laying out the history of the home at their location once they revealed it. :thumbsup:

I saw that last night. Nice job of laying out the history of the home at their location once they revealed it. :thumbsup:

WYFF has also started a Carolina Escapes (?) segment to highlight regional getaways - this follows a very similar thread started here awhile back.

I really enjoy these new additions to their show, although I am not always able to catch them from beginning to end.

The space outside Mellow Mushroom in the West End?

What ARE they doing w/ that space anyhow?

BINGO! It appears that someone is getting ready to open a scoop shop/soda jerk shop there, from all of the equipment that's in there. The TBA in this week's Greenville Journal hinted at this as well.

DSCF1079.jpg

Where is this and does anybody know any history about this building.

I definitely recognize that, but can't pin-point it precisely. I think it is on or very near Church Street, somewhere around Washington and/or Coffee Streets. I have no idea of the history though. :dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived