3 Urban dreams of mine....

Onyte9

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. That New Orleans recovers fully from Katrina, and doesn't change too much

2. That downtown residential development in Memphis continues its hot pace

3. That the area of vacant lots south of FedEx Forum gets brownstones/townhouses

1. Our city within the downtown inner loop continues its pace to become a premier urban living/shopping space. Success with the Gulch, Rollling Mill, SoBro, and Capitol North (my new name for the area between downtown and Jefferson) should continue on a positive pace.

2. Public transportation expands to include an opportunity for everyone, no matter where in the city you need/want to go

3. That Nashville reputation for being pro-business and pro-people continues to grow nationally.

3. That the area of vacant lots south of FedEx Forum gets brownstones/townhouses

I have to agree with you there sleepy. I actually parked in some of those vacant lots when I went to a Grizz game. That who area could easily be built into something specail. Its prime realestate.

1. - The return of downtown shopping to our 4 major cities. But I don't want a Macy's or Dillard's. I want to see a new TN-based department store that truly reflects the needs of the city it is in.

2. - Transit is a must. Effective transit, even better. Light rail/Monorail to connect East Nashville to Downtown to West End another line connecting the Jefferson Street area to downtown and then on to the airport.

3. - An improved emphasis on building the cbd while quietly limiting the growth of suburbia. We'll soon learn that being so spread out is not the best idea.

1. Our city within the downtown inner loop continues its pace to become a premier urban living/shopping space. Success with the Gulch, Rollling Mill, SoBro, and Capitol North (my new name for the area between downtown and Jefferson) should continue on a positive pace.

2. Public transportation expands to include an opportunity for everyone, no matter where in the city you need/want to go

3. That Nashville reputation for being pro-business and pro-people continues to grow nationally.

Word for word what I feel as well. Thanks for saying it.

For West TN, but primarily Jackson

1. West Tennessee - Preferably the Crockett County Mega-site - Gets a major Auto Assembly Plant. Why? This isn't truely urban, bit it is in relation to Jackson and other West TN towns seeing good urban progress via some good economic stimulus, so it makes my list even though its not really in an urban area.

2. Downtown Jackson gets some good urban revitalization with focus of retail, dining, and entertainment. A nice new low glass office tower (or two ;) ) with a big tenant wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

3. Jackson manages to keep the Diamond Jaxx and are able to develop the area out near it into a more viable commercial and recreational area. Losing the AA team will be a horrible blow to the city IMO, even if alot of locals don't realize how it will make the city appear to others not from the area who might be looking at the city to set up operations. The fact the city has pro minor league is a big feather for the city, even if it struggles to draw fans. Heck they are great team!!! Won the Division this year in both halves.

For West TN, but primarily Jackson

2. Downtown Jackson gets some good urban revitalization with focus of retail, dining, and entertainment. A nice new low glass office tower (or two ;) ) with a big tenant wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

I toured downtown Jackson last month. Very cool place. I can definitely see some urban development going on there.

I have to agree with you there sleepy. I actually parked in some of those vacant lots when I went to a Grizz game. That who area could easily be built into something specail. Its prime realestate.

I'm not sure that area is particularly safe. Just car break-in's from what I've heard, but you can park in a secured garage between Main and Front on Union for $5.00.

I haven't lived in Memphis for decades, but I know Memphis, and I wouldn't park south of FedEx at night anyway.

I'm not sure that area is particularly safe. Just car break-in's from what I've heard, but you can park in a secured garage between Main and Front on Union for $5.00.

I haven't lived in Memphis for decades, but I know Memphis, and I wouldn't park south of FedEx at night anyway.

well depends on how far south of the forum you are. if your in proximity of it. then youre find. Crime has dropped a lot in my opinion in downtown... its not scary per say anymore.

farther south.. ya i'd worry about yoru car.

1. Public schools in all of our Tennessee cities improve so much that people stop looking to the suburbs as the only good place to raise a family.

2. Chattanooga's Enterprise Mega-Site lands an automotive assembly plant, maybe BMW or Audi.

3. The move towards urban living continues to gain momentum to the point that suburban sprawl is stopped dead in its tracks.

I wish Nashvilians would lose their fears and phobias about downtown.

I wish Pacman Jones would come back and pay us for the valet charge he owes.

I wish Frank Wychecks wife would admit she scratched her BMW and not us! She knows we did not do it since we checked the car over before we parked it and the scratch was already there!

I wish Hank Williams Junior would apologize for getting drunk and throwing a cell phone in the bar last year, and then proceeding to urinate on the sidewalk outside.

I wish Toby Keith would apologize for walking up the sidewalk drunk and using the "N" word to describe one of our valets.

I wish all of the one way streets were corrected like Church Street.

I wish Nashvilians would lose their fears and phobias about downtown.

I wish Pacman Jones would come back and pay us for the valet charge he owes.

I wish Frank Wychecks wife would admit she scratched her BMW and not us! She knows we did not do it since we checked the car over before we parked it and the scratch was already there!

I wish Hank Williams Junior would apologize for getting drunk and throwing a cell phone in the bar last year, and then proceeding to urinate on the sidewalk outside.

I wish Toby Keith would apologize for walking up the sidewalk drunk and using the "N" word to describe one of our valets.

I wish all of the one way streets were corrected like Church Street.

Doorman, Do all of your guests give you this much trouble? (Evita, Evita, Evita) LOL

Archived