Book-Cadillac renovation deal nearly complete

detroitfan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmichigan, I've never been to downtown Detroit in my life. Probably because I'm 17 and I don't have my license yet. I have always been really interested and kept up with what's happening in Detroit but have never been able to go there. When I get my license I plan on going to Detroit often.

Wow, not even for a sporting event? Your in for a treat when you finally do make your way down there.

Yes, I certainly relished that view but from the television screen. I've never actually been to a game. But just that view, that skyline that only we can lay claim to...

I was just wondering this evening in the parking lot of the Southfield/Evergreen Kroger how people can stand to look out of the windows of their homes or townhouses in the suburbs and see parking lots. In the city even though there are far too many parking lots for my taste, at least the retail is down the street, and around the corner. It's not running thoughtlessly right up to your front door.

Waking up and looking out of your window first thing in the morning and seeing a long succession of diagonal yellow lines on an asphalt surface...? Priceless.

WS

Thats why the second i finish college im leaving suburbia and looking for a place downtown. I cant stand it out here.
Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there. The suburbs, with few exceptions, just downright suck. I need to find a job so that I can afford to move downtown in May.

Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there. The suburbs, with few exceptions, just downright suck. I need to find a job so that I can afford to move downtown in May.

Have fun juggling LTU and a job that pays enough to live down there Allan. Im definitely not envious of that work load.

Archived