Providence, RI Panorama

Garris

Here is a message board-busting panaorama of the Providence, RI skyline this past Thursday evening.

It gives you a good sense of how the city looks today, as construction of about 4 towers of about 17-35

stories is about to kick off and another 2 of similar size are proposed (in the middle of the photo, the 12-14

story G-Tech Building is under construction in the Waterplace District in front of the Providence Place Mall).

The orientation of the photo is:

Central Business District -> Waterplace Park District -> Capitol District

If you reply, hit "return" frequently, or your message will vanish to the right with the panorama.

Enjoy!

ppan27ik.jpg

- Garris

Providence, RI

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Westin 2 is really going to rock this view, I think even moreso than OneTen Westminster.

Did you say in the Providence section this was not taken from Prospect Park? It kind of looks like the view one might get from RISDs Woods-Gerry building if one could find a good place to take a photo from there.

I was just in Providence for tthe first time last weekend -- what a great photo! I was so impressed by this small yet thriving city -- loved the downtown area -- a lot of great activities concentrated in a small area. Will definitely go back again!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Where are you from, and what brought you to our fair city?

- Garris

Providence, RI

Archived