IN PROGRESS: Front Street @ Adriaen's Landing

Cotuit

Did you guys see the tour on fox61 last night? I swear this is where I want to be! I want a penthouse and sit where I belong as the real HartfordTycoon! I knew it would be great, but you don't really beleive it until you see it. I really need to see what it's like on the inside.

Socom - are saying that there will only be 4 buildings? Or are you just talking about the 4 major buildings of the project. There is a lot of acreage to be filled up down there. I wonder how tall the high rise will be? Hopefully it will be significant. Regardless, soon after the plans are released, expect the people from the Sheldon Charter Oak neighborhood to start protesting the heights of the buildings like they always do.

From what I understood, the whole project will have 4 buildings. The low and mid rise buildings will be expansive (like we see in the Blue Back Square renderings). As far as the high rise - no clue on the height. Just remember, it may not be a highrise like we expect (20-40 floors) because architects/developers consistantly call anything over 12 stories a high rise. It may be something like Highgrove in Stamford. Honestly, I'm just guessing at this point. Only thing for certain is that there will be a highrise...could be 12 stories, could be 30.

They are not having trouble with the residential units. They have had 12 requests for the 4 penthouses and 250 requests for the rest of the units and there are 262 total....not that bad.

Check todays courant business section to see a picture from the top of the building

I read that too, sounds like it's coming along. Anyone here in real estate so you can inform us as to whether this level of interest is considered good or bad? 250 requests for 262 units sounds great but I wonder what the benchmark is for the level of interest to be considered average, below average, above average, etc...

I wouldn't worry about the 262 units. Though that level of interest isn't outstanding for such a high profile building, the news on the penthouses is phenomenal. Those properties more than any others are testing the waters for downtown. If people with that kind of money are interested in moving (and renting) downtown, the future of residential in the area may be more secure than even this group of optimists imagined. Now let's hope they sign leases...

I read that too, sounds like it's coming along. Anyone here in real estate so you can inform us as to whether this level of interest is considered good or bad? 250 requests for 262 units sounds great but I wonder what the benchmark is for the level of interest to be considered average, below average, above average, etc...

Hi, SOCOM. To give you a comparison, One Ten Westminster in Providence has more than 3 times the amount of requests than units. There are about 140 - 150 units and over 450 requests. I don't know how similar the markets are though, so that may or may not be a good comparison. I'm sure there must be an industry "average" as the real estate market is like sports casting and they have statistics on every little thing, but what that would be I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Darn, I thought they would do well coming back to Hartford....

Deli to go 'west,' with new Springfield area restaurant

By: Howard French, Journal Inquirer

03/28/2006

Vernon-based Rein's New York Style Deli is on the verge of expanding into Massachusetts for the first time in its three-decade run, with plans to open an eatery in West Springfield, co-owner Gregory S. Rein said Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

"Developer Bradley Nitkin agreed on Feb. 17 to build up to 200 residential units and roughly 100,000 square feet of retail space using private financing, about $17.5 million in state financing, $16 million in state improvements to the site and a still-to-be negotiated amount of money from the city. Nitkin and the city now have a maximum of 120 days to iron out the details of their agreement. "

120 days would be the middle of June.

I know someone who writes for the HBJ (which is where I got my previous leak), but what they told me has not panned out. I heard 8 weeks ago that the deal was going down before the 1st week in April.

Tycoon is right, no one really has any idea - even the people close to the project.

There are plans for 1 low rise building, 2 mid rises, and 1 high rise.

As of March, these are still the plans. Just have no idea WHEN construction is really going to start. Too many false starts. -_-

Since they have until the middle of june to work out the agreement, It's unlikely a shovel gets in the ground before fall.

Yeah, but if we are to look at the glass half full (something to keep us sane on this damn project, lol), at least they don't really need to do any demolition and very little site preparation.

I still can't believe it's April 2006 and Front Street hasn't even been officially revealed to the public yet. :sick:

wasn't front street supposed to open before the convention center opened?

When Capital Properties was signed on (in 2001) it was supposed to be open by 2003, a full two years before the Convention opened it's doors.

In early 2004 another deal was signed and the project was supposed to start construction by the summer and be finished (or at least close to finished) when the Convention Center opened in the summer of 2005.

Now it's almost May of 2006, and we're still waiting...let's just hope that a deal is cemented between Nitkin and the CCEDA by the deadline on June 15th of this year. If we get a deal done then, at least Front Street can start construction in the fall and be ready by late 2007/early 2008 and open in conjunction with the new Science Center. Opening the Science Center without a complete (or near complete) Front Street would be another huge mistake - even larger than not opening it up in time for the Convention Center's completion.

After Capitol Properties was fired from the job, Northland stepped up and offered to take over Front St - under the condition they submit a plan and the city skip the entire bid process. The city passed, and Northland had no desire to be part of another long drawn out process. This is how we ended up with Nitkin as the "preffered developer." I believe there is still no formal contract/agreement.

After Capitol Properties was fired from the job, Northland stepped up and offered to take over Front St - under the condition they submit a plan and the city skip the entire bid process. The city passed, and Northland had no desire to be part of another long drawn out process. This is how we ended up with Nitkin as the "preffered developer." I believe there is still no formal contract/agreement.

That was stupid! They should of gave it to Northland right then and there. :rolleyes:

Noticed some activity in the northeast quadrant of the site today (equipment coming in, fence coming down) - did I miss some announcement? Has anyone see a site plan? IT BETTER NOT BE ANOTHER SURFACE PARKING LOT!

If they are about to build another surface parking lot I am dead serious about going down there and sitting in front of the machinery. I will PROTEST!!!!