The Watering Hole

Yep, we're fine. Power is back on, and everything seems to be alright. Only had to throw away a few things from the fridge, but no water damage or drywall cracks as far as I can tell. :) We ended up staying at the Homewood Suites last night on 28th (not bad actually).

in this weather you could have just stuck the things from the fridge outside :P

I can't seem to find the thread for this, but the new apartment building on Ionia and Goodrich has a lot going on. Two cranes and it looks like they are building a third, plus a huge pile of steel beams. Good to see that project moving along.

Edited by GaryP

I can't seem to find the thread for this, but the new apartment building on Ionia and Goodrich has a lot going on. Two cranes and it looks like they are building a third, plus a huge pile of steel beams. Good to see that project moving along.

Here it is Gary: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...40entry321916

Did you happen to get any photos :)

I want this, but Meijer's quit selling this awhile ago... Aynone know where I can pick up the GR Monopoly?

Don't waste your money Rizzo. It's not as great as you might think. I bought one for Triple G as a christmas gift a couple of years ago.

It's really just a hokey means of advertising. There were a lot of local names on the board but it seemed like you had to "buy" advertising for them to put you on the board.

Kind of a bummer if you ask me.

Don't waste your money Rizzo. It's not as great as you might think. I bought one for Triple G as a christmas gift a couple of years ago.

It's really just a hokey means of advertising. There were a lot of local names on the board but it seemed like you had to "buy" advertising for them to put you on the board.

Kind of a bummer if you ask me.

Exactly what it was. It started as a marketing/sales project from GVSU's SSB I believe. It then used the Entrepreneur Incubator there to bring it to market.

I figured the same after I saw the boxing it came in... I was mostly wanting to play it for the single fact that I could say I'm a highroller in GR. Drop a few Amway Grands on the board charge my friends to stay a while and take profits...I love monopoly.

Edited by Rizzo

33 now....these new articles in the GRBJ must either cause lots of people to go googling or, maybe all these lurkers just come here for the lastest news...

I saw 38 a few minutes ago.

A couple of years ago I heard about a study that was done about the productivity of office workers in suburban office parks versus urban office buildings. I remember hearing that there were significant benefits to the urban offices. I'm trying to find the study but haven't found anything from google. Has anyone else heard the of the study or better yet could anyone come up with a link?

Dad, I think we can all wait the month, I can. But seriously if theres damage its probably been done. But, I think its a little arrogant of us UPrs' that we could really do any damage to begin with.

Eric has been disapearing lately, where is he? :dontknow:

Edited by Rizzo

Dad, I think we can all wait the month, I can. But seriously if theres damage its probably been done. But, I think its a little arrogant of us UPrs' that we could really do any damage to begin with.

You greatly underestimate the power of this site. Do you realize how many developers belong to this site? All it would take is one person to slip and give away too much :(

Yah, but remember that discussion a while back? I guess it would be kind of easy to give away something.

- a few developers

- 1 Digital forum, Urban Planet - GR

- 10,000 possible jobs lost to some 2 developers talking about the details they promised to not talk about because they signed a really air tight contract that would promise to kidnap their families if they'd say anything about the project, priceless...

Edited by Rizzo

Looks like WOODTV might be getting freeway cam access...

1) Resolution authorizing an agreement with the Michigan Department of Transportation and LIN Television, Inc., for video signal from the freeway surveillance camera system

-Recent City Commission meeting agenda