East Lansing Development

hood

I got an email back from Jerome Abood. He said that they are planning construction on the West Village before or in the month of September. It seems that any time news of this development comes around, it is pushed back another couple months.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strathmore development has put a new computerized pic up of what MSU MUSEUM PLACE is gonna look like when completed. It looks pretty cool and very modern. It will add a lot to downtown east lansing's density and probably act as a catalyst for more bigger density projects downtown. I donno how to post it so here's the link:

http://www.strathmoredev.com/Property_for_...Retail/MMP.html

click on the elevations to c bigger pictures!

I like it, I just wish that they would put out a press release with an update on the project. Hopefully my rumor comes true and they start the demo in the fall. By the way, there is another picture on their site. I will try to upload it soon.

According to Strathmore's page on the building, it's currently being considered by the Department of Management in Budget as the State of Michigan will be a major tenant of the structure. As we all know, government moves slow, though, I'd wish we'd have more regular updates. Perhaps I could shoot Mr. Chapelle an email to see if he wants to be envolved, here, keeping us regularly updated.

194385816_75dfcf5e8e_o.jpg

Nice! I've come to like the new ultra-modern architecture. PoMo is getting really boring, IMO. It also looks like it's been extended to 12 floors.

:shok::sick::angry:

YUCK! Not a fan at all. Looks bad to begin with, and with that size it will be impossible to miss. This will rank right up there with the EMU watertower as the biggest college town eyesore in a few years. I am not a fan of the old bank building there now, but even that empty bank building looks better than this monstrosity. At best, it might look good for the first few years it is open. 20 years down the road people will view it the same way we view the Admin bldg or the Student Services bldg on MSUs campus.

• 4 weeks later...

EAST LANSING UPDATE:

1) For those who were interested in West Village, the area is now completely blocked off with concrete barriers and a tall fence. The area blocked off is quite expansive. It not only includes the old chinese restaurant and bus station, but several houses up the block on Grand River.

This is a much larger project than I thought it would be. Looks like demolition will begin soon.

2) The old Honda dealership on Michigan Ave. by Brody Hall has been demolished in the past few days. There are plans to build more of those Campus Village Apartments.

3) Potbelly is completed. It's a nice addition to EL, although Ann Arbor and EL pretty much have the same business venues.

4.) Stonehouse Village looks almost completed. Taco Bell is mostly finished and should open soon.

I saw a site plan a while back. I will try to find it online. As far as I remembered, parking was definitely out behind. This is a large scale project, so there is a lot of room on this block for parking in the rear. Once again, I'll try and find the website that had the site plans.

I would pay just about anything to live there...right across the street from Gumby's Pizza!! :lol:

Having lived less than 2 blocks away for 3 years in college that size of a development would be a pretty big shock to the system compared to what is there now. I think EL is entering a great growth cycle.

• 1 month later...

West Village has now been fenced off and there is a sign saying something about the apartments with a website too. i forgot the website but i ll find it later, pretty exciting, it's going to add a lot of downtown's density and the surround apartments.

whats going on with city center II ? im surprised they haven't done anything yet to the old citizens bank, because that project is going to be huge. Does any one know when they are going to start? Same thing with ling brewer's project for four story apartments rite next to the hampster cage parking lot. Does anyone have any new development news for downtown EL?

From metrolansing.com:

The website is http://www.westvillagecondos.net and it is currently not up yet.

I think I heard that they were going to start demolition on City Center 2 in the fall, but it looks like it may be Spring now.

I am pretty sure Lingg Brewer's project got stonewalled when the city put so many restrictions on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whats going on with all the developments? It seems like there is construction at Evergreen Grille, like they are expanding on the outside, and a new restaraunt moved into the old taco bell across from the new one. Whats going on with CityCenterII, havent heard news about it in a while, and same with West Village or even East Village, basically how are all the development plans going and are there ne newer buildings coming?

Archived