Feature: Grand Openings!

Florida

Just letting every know that the Grand opening of Harbor Freight Tools opened Tuesday Aug 22. It it located on 1205 APALACHEE PKWY TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301 in the Golds gym and Olive Garden shopping center. The prices for their tools are awsome!!!!! I purchases a Band Saw Table for 45$ and an electric fly swatter for 3.00...lol

I'm sure I'll be going there soon. I saw that electric fly swatter on their webpage. How are you liking it?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An electric fly swatter!? How does that work? :D

I've been using those electric fly swatters for years. The idea is sort of like a bug zapper. The device has a big capacitor in it along with a battery. When you push the button you charge up the capacitor. The capacitor is connected to a grid of wires in the racquet face. When a skeet is buzzing around you, you push the button and wave the racquet slowly in the direction of the bug. There is a very nice popping sound as the bug is turned into a puff of smoke.

The devices come in several flavors. My favorite is the "running with scissors" model where the shock grid is directly exposed. That one is fun because you can use it like a low impact taser and abuse your friends. Other models have a safety grid too small for fingers but plenty big enough for mosquitos.

They also come in two battery sizes. The double A battery version is lighter weight, and seems to have a louder pop when you zap a skeet. The double D version that they're selling at Harbor doesn't work nearly as well and is a lot heavier.

For awhile they had the double A version at Beals. You can almost always find them on ebay for small change. Search for mosquito racquets.

The devices come in several flavors. My favorite is the "running with scissors" model where the shock grid is directly exposed. That one is fun because you can use it like a low impact taser and abuse your friends. Other models have a safety grid too small for fingers but plenty big enough for mosquitos.

The "Running w/Scissors" model sounds like my kind of toy. I'd get great joy in zapping my friends. You think they'd let me through airport security w/it? That way next time I took a flight I could stun and kill all those damn snakes as they come after me. :)

TJ you always seem so naive to SO many things!!!...lol :P

Why does everyone always say this to me!!! I can't help it. :blush:

"Unbreak my heart, say you love me again, un-do this hurt that you caused when you walked out the door and you walked-out of my liiiiiiiiiife!!! "

---I love that commercial!!!

Why does everyone always say this to me!!! I can't help it. :blush:

"Unbreak my heart, say you love me again, un-do this hurt that you caused when you walked out the door and you walked-out of my liiiiiiiiiife!!! "

---I love that commercial!!!

Great commercial!!! Thats not you pumping iron in that commercial is it?...lol I like the one with the two Grannys in it.

Just letting every know that the Grand opening of Harbor Freight Tools opened Tuesday Aug 22. It it located on 1205 APALACHEE PKWY TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301 in the Golds gym and Olive Garden shopping center. The prices for their tools are awsome!!!!! I purchases a Band Saw Table for 45$ and an electric fly swatter for 3.00...lol

I stopped by yesterday to check the place out. I saw a lot of middle aged men and a very few women; most of them rolling their eyes and looking bored. Even for a toolaphobic like me, the place was fun.

Archived