Icon on Bond

torgo

He didn't pay some contractors on a previous project as well. Unfortunately the contractors didn't file a lien because then Joe couldn't have sold the property without taking care of the payment. The condo association ended up having to cover the payment so the contractors would come back and do warranty work.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been told that Joe Jr. has the SW corner of the top floor and maybe dad has the NW corner. I think they each have one of the "double-size" units. That probably counts as four. ;)

I work in the building's shadow and have seen no lights, no cars coming or going and no people walking in or out.

The model units do have some interior furnishings and a few deck chairs, tables, etc. , but that's it.

I have seen lights on at night in various condos...but mostly the upper NW and SW corners - the Joe's Units (which btw, are just regular size non-built-out floor plans according to Joe Sr.).

Went I went through the models, there was complete furnishings in three models on the second or third floor and workout equipment.

Yesterday and today they have been cleaning up the on the NW corner of the intersection (hotel lot?) and I've only seen workmen coming out of the building to dump trash in the dumpster.

That's all I got. ^_^

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if they were even still selling (not sold out but change of ownership or something) because all the signs and banners were gone. But then I did notice a realtor's sign (like you'd see in front of a house) in the landscaping beds on the ground floor. Looks a bit silly IMO. :)

I'm constantly driving by and never see any life except in the NW and SW corners (the Moch's). What the eff are they gonna do with this place?? I imagine the lack of tenants is scaring new interested buyers. Anyone have any idea how long they will continue the current state of things before having to sell the building? What a bad situation.

I went through Icon during the Spring 2007 Parade of Homes. Personally, I was very impressed. I liked the layouts, I liked the underground parking, and the location isn't bad either. I just think condos downtown in general are too expensive for most of us to stomach or even afford. I'd love to to try downtown living, but not for the kind of money any of the condos downtown are listing for.

No local banks were involved. He made a point of that at one time with a sign. Wasn't it the Teamsters who helped fund it?

I'm surprised none (or few) have sold. Honestly, the place has grown on me. Everything above street level that is.

Joe

Is Moch with Mercantile on this project? Maybe part of their "loan writedown"?

I think it has to do more with the lack of any views and not having the pricing to reflect this. Not really a river view on the West side because it's so far away from the river, a view of pole barn warehouses to the North, a view of the roof of a building to the East, and an obstructed view of downtown to the South (and it's not downtown's best angle)...

Archived